Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1850 Tournament

4 posters

Go down

1850 Tournament Empty 1850 Tournament

Post by MJSwasey Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Today we had an 1850 tournament, our first 6th edition tournament.

Unfortunately since it was a tournament we couldn't use proxies. Why this really hurt me is:
A) that big shelf of stuff you saw in one of these threads was all configured for 5th, and 6th wound allocation and combat means you probably want to switch some stuff
B) I just moved into a new Apartment and the truck that was supposed to arrive on Fri isn't coming till tuesday. This means several pieces are still in transit
C) I was experimenting with proxy allied models, which is obviously out.

I ended up taking a fun list just to tool around with. Charge into the enemy and emerge victorious! Dont copy this list, it's way too short on models to seriously assault a good list, but has too little shooting to shoot at range. I wanted to experiment with flyers, flamers, land raiders, and MC's all in one list.

Libby with shrouding, sanctuary, Might, Warp Rift

10 purifiers (4 flamers, 4 halberds, 2 hammers)
10 purifiers (4 flamers, 4 halberds, 2 hammers)

5GK psycannon
5GK Psycannon

Stormraven (Multimelta, assault cannon)

DK teleporter flamer
DK teleporter flamer
LR redeemer

You'll notice 10 scoring models. Yup. I was here to go out in a fluffly blaze of glory, driving a glorious land raider shrouded down the middle, with a Storm raven swooping overhead while 2 DK teleported in from the sides, cinematically.

I ended up 3/8 with some prize money

G1; DE, fast attack objective mission - tons of raiders and venoms. He blows up LR and both DK first turn, proceedes to roll 6's while i rolled ones. apologized for the dice during the game and gave me some breaks i shouldn't have got just to make a game out of it. I still hid near objectives for last turn pushes and almost actually tied it- i needed a 8 to assault a vehicle for a garunteed tie, and got a 7

G2: Orks - Oh geeze the flamers. We played sieze the relic. I drove up in my imperious LR, flamed everything everything everything and he had one battle wagon with boyz. He can't chage without taking 8 free flamer hits and then purifying flames, after he gets past sanctuary. GG

G3 - nids in kill points. I thought this would be super easy, flamers vs nids, but he had like 7+ monsterous creatures and deep striking zoanthroapes and kept the weenies away. Strike squad anti deep strike bubble was MVP and the DK and hammers Hammered my way to victory. Still, vector strike was sooooo brutal, instakilling one squad and almost taking out the other.

top two were tied 2-0-1 (W-L-D), i was 2-1-0 for a solid second.

IG/CSM
GK
Nids/DE
NIDS
CSM
Orks

Dont take this as the meta, we have players of verious skill levels. CSM did get better by a bunch, and nids got a whole lot better.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1850 Tournament Empty Re: 1850 Tournament

Post by Rivan Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Congrats on the good finish.

Do you think LRs are really that much easier to kill with hull points?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Why did CSM got better? Rolling Eyes

Only thing i can think of is MCs . And Maybe Plasma weapons got buffed.

Congrats on your score Smile
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Slind Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 am

While I like the idea of building an armylist, that looks good on the table-top. However I think this is a textbook example of why making top or bottom heavy builds are dangerous. You will loose a lot of adaptability in how you are able to wage war.

While you owned the orks, the Dark Eldars tore you appart. I would expect, that if you played game 1 and 2 again ten times, the result would be exactly the same.

When I play at my local club, I always try to get a mix of Xenox and Marine games in. It is a great way of testing how adaptable your build is.

Slind
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Daemonhunters, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 am

Lots of plasma and improved range on moving rapid fire gave them. Boost, as did psychic powers. Also they were semi weak vs vehicles, and people take less now. last, deep strike nlinto terrain now allows armor saves.

The LR wasn't really and easier to kill for the most part. Maybe imp guard and de chance hull pointing it, but it really usually only gets hurt by weapons that have a good shot at killing it anyway, or mcs with a bunch of smashes.

Yeah I totally agree slind. I wanted to do something else, but as mentioned ddidnt have all my models . Made the best of what I had.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down