Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies

3 posters

Go down

2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies  Empty 2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies

Post by sephiroth00055 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am

Here is a list that I am messing around with:

Grey Knights: 1305
Inquisitor Coteaz - 100
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband, 6x warrior acolyte, 3x plasma gun, razorback, lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun - 134
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband, 6x warrior acolyte, 3x plasma gun, razorback, lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun - 134
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband, 5x warrior acolyte, 3x plasma gun, razorback, lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun - 130
Dreadnought, 2x twin-linked autocannon, psybolt ammunition - 135

IG Allies: 700
Company Command, 4x meltagun, chimera - 145
Veteran Squad, 3x meltagun, chimera - 155
Vendetta Gunship - 130
2x Medusa - 270

Total: 2005

I am over by 5 points and am wondering what you guys think that I should drop to make the points work. Let me know your thoughts.

sephiroth00055
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies  Empty Re: 2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies

Post by Bewareoftom Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 am

I'm not sure, since all the enemy has to do is glance you av11 wall to death its kinda iffy, I'd say to free up points drop some plasma off the acolytes and give them melta (maybe 1-2 squads) and maybe make 1/2 the razors hvy bolts and psyammo?
Bewareoftom
Bewareoftom
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 38
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies  Empty Re: 2000 Point Grey Knights with Imperial Guard Allies

Post by sephiroth00055 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 am

Unfortunately, putting meltaguns on the henchmen squads does not make them cheaper. I am interested in why you think I should change the lascannon/ plasma gun razorbacks to psybacks?

I agree that armor 11 is easy to glance, but the high amount of vehichles and long range shooting should help me mitigate that.

sephiroth00055
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewareoftom Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:45 am

well around me anyways there are quite a few nid/ork/infantry ig armies, so more shots would be nice lol. depend on meta I guess
Bewareoftom
Bewareoftom
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 38
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 pm

My lists favor more GKs than Inquisition forces so I'm definitely not the expert on inquisition lists but I think your troops choices are very squishy since they can't embark in their transports to begin with.

I like the fact that you have a tremendous amount of longrange firepower though.

What's your plan for Coteaz? Will just attach to any one warband squad?

I would recommend dropping one warband unit w/ RB in exchange for a warband w/ 3 plasma cannon servitors, maybe 1 jokaero and a few more bodies for ablative wounds. With Coteaz' Prescience, you basically get 3 twin-linked plasma cannons. If you're lucky enough to roll the psychic power Perfect Timing, you can ignore cover saves for the unit you're shooting at Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down