1500pt. starter for a new 40k player

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1500pt. starter for a new 40k player

Post by curiousgeorge on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Hello Brothers I am new to 40k and Grey knights and i am trying to making a 1500pts list to play against my friends and i just need to know if I'm on the right track.

HQ
Grey Knight Grand Master 185
-Psybolt 10

Elite
Paladin Squad 515
-9 Paladins
-Psybolt

Vindicare Assassin 145

Troops
Grey Knight Strike Squad 130
-Hammer
-Incinerator

Grey Knight Strike Squad 110
-Psycannon

Dedicated Transport
Razorback 80
-Lascannon

Razorback 80
-Lascannon

Heavy Support
Landraider Redeemer 255
-Multi-melta

What i want to do is put the GKGM and the Paladins in the Landraider and the 2 GKSS in the 2 Razorbacks and then have the Assassin sit pretty in the back causing trouble. This is what i plan on doing just wanted to know if I'm on the right track or if i need to scrap the list and start over. thank you in advance.

curiousgeorge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1500pt. starter for a new 40k player

Post by Rivan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forums Brother!

A few things about your list:
- psybolts for the GM is a waste. Rad grenades would be a better choice.
- why only 9 paladins? If you really want to spend that much for paladins, might as well get a 10-man squad so you can combat squad them if you have to. And what makes them really badd-ass is they can get 4 psycannons. Also, the redeemer can only fit up to 12 models. However, models in terminator armor counts as 2. So, you can only fit the GM + 5 paladins in there. If you really want the GM/paladins in the redeemer, I suggest you reduce paladins to 5, give them 2 psycannons (no more psybolts since they're not worth it for small squads). Or, you can go with 1 psycannon and 1 incinerator if you want since they'll be in a LRR and charging close to opponents anyway. You save 200 pts that you can do something else with.

Enjoy your stay!

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Hello brother,

I agree with brother Rivan, upgrading to 10 paladins would add a lot of flexibility. You could combat squad 5 in the LRR and the other 5 could DS or walk.

Pyscotroke grenades can be a combat winner sometimes so I would give them a thought too. You could add an incinerator to the Grandmaster to give him a good punch before combat.

stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:14 pm