Custom Dice

:: Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Dice

Post by Rivan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:52 am

Just wanted to show you guys the sample pics of my newly designed custom dice specifically for my Grandmaster Smile The shield replaces the no. "6" and is my GM's personal heraldry.

What can I say, I love my Grey Knights!!!!! Razz

The dice for the rest of my army has the book & sword design instead of the no. "6".

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Dice

Post by Constantine on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 pm

HOLY COW Shocked

That is AWESOME!!!! Did you make them yourself or order them? Are you willing to share where you got them from if you bought them?

Any pics of the sword and book designed ones?

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 pm

I sent my design to Chessex Dice (chessexdice.com) and they prepared that sample for me. I'm still waiting on the pic of the book/sword and I'll post that once I get it.

The price depends on the quantity of dice you order (more is cheaper/piece of course). I only wanted 12 of the shield design since they are just for my GM and it will cost me $1/die.

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon_boy on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

They are great they look so cool

Devon_boy
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 60
Army : Chaos Marines, Necrons, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Sweet.

Didn't know there was custom dice retailers, but i'm not surprised about it.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4194
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Man, that's cool. Does the writing on the right actually mean something?

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:25 am

very cool idea and not so expensive ... do you know if they send their products worldwide ?
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3657
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 am

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! Cool
I feel inspired to give my GM a name and some personal fluff.

I love that it is so cheap too!

Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 am

@Nemesisforce: The Chinese character is actually my surname in Chinese...a tribute to half my heritage Smile

@Aubec: Yes, I know they can send worldwide

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Here is a sample of the GK dice I ordered for the rest of my army. He used the symbol he had on file and I specified the changes I wanted. The final product I'm going to get will look more like the standard GK symbol where the sword is almost entirely behind the book (the sword blade will stop where it meets the top of the book and continue from the bottom of the book).

EDIT: I actually just got off the phone w/ the company and told them to add the =I= symbol on the left page of the book Smile

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 pm

WOW!
An =][= as well!?
You are truly going to have the most hardcore GK dice EVER!!!

I am very envious!

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm

You could ask them to inscribe the =][= on the "1" face...

elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 348
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 am

Very nice !!!! Very Happy
I want some! not shore I can get them at the moment though Sad

Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:47 am

I just noticed the shoulder crest on your Avatar... Very cool bom

Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight on Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 am

This is amazing I hope you roll a lot of 6's. I'm sure the emeperor would be very proud.

stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Wed May 16, 2012 8:45 am

I'm pretty excited. I should be receiving my order in the next few days. I'll post pics of the final product as soon as I get them Smile

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 pm

My dice finally arrived today.

My Grandmaster's personal dice

My Grey Knights' dice

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Mind sharing what colors/ranges those dice were from? It's hard to find a good grey on the Chessex site

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

The grey is actually Velvet Black. The red is Scarab red and the other one is Red/Black/White Smile

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Awesome. Could you link the design in case we may want to get some dice like these please. Very Happy

Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 687
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 am

GM Rivan,

Yes Please link those, I am interested in getting some of those - I like the White and grey with Red pips. I assume the symbol is the "6"

Thanks,
Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 am

Yes the symbol is the "6". I designed this myself and submitted it to the company: www.chessex.com

Just go to their website and call or send an message to their customs design department. You can probably just send copies of the pics above. They will already have the design on file as well Very Happy

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:40 am