Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragiowing 1750 tournament Help

3 posters

Go down

Dragiowing 1750 tournament Help Empty Dragiowing 1750 tournament Help

Post by Kiickman Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am

Hello, I Just started my Dragiowing army. and Next week 24 too 26 feb, i will be having my first tournament..
So i am Panting Like a crasy person too get everything Ready and Done for my big day.

I was thinking of taking 2 big squads of paladins, But it feels that i need too combat squad them too get some objectivs is so needed. and feels like thats not a good ide. But hey what do i know, DOnt know mutch about 40k yet.

I am not so sure if i shall use Interceptors or purifers. they both Look good. But whats make me lean alitten more too Interceptors is thers teleport 30inch.

Here is the list i was thinking. what do you guys/girls think i shall do and get more, P.S if i need New models i will get em! Help me out dont wanna get Tabeld haha

Dragio (275)
Liberian /w Might of Titian, Quicksilver, Sanctuary, The Shrouding, Vortex of Doom and Warp Rift. (180)

Troops
10 Paladins w/4 Psycannons (1 Master Crafted), 2 Hammers, 3 Halberds (1 Master Crafted), Warding Staff, 1 Sword, Brotherhood Banner

Elit
10x Interceptors w/ 2x Psycannon, 2x Hammer, and Psybolt – 320
Heavy SUpport

Dreadnought w/ 2x TLAC and Psybolt - 135
Dreadnought w/ 2x TLAC and Psybolt - 135

Kiickman
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Back to top Go down

Dragiowing 1750 tournament Help Empty Re: Dragiowing 1750 tournament Help

Post by Zealadin Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:18 pm

You need two troops minimum, which would mean having two squads of 5 paladins, making the banner a waste. Combat squadding a single troop doesn't fulfil the two troop requirement.

All those points spent in HQ's is also a worry, not that the Lib isn't amazing, or Draigo good, but both together is almost 30% of your list.

At 2500 points I think the two can work, but at lower levels you trade off so much army.

Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 am

Agree with zealadin.

You might want to consider mordrak instead of draigo.

Example:

Mordrak 200
Librarian w/ Sanctuary, Nemesis Warding Stave, Teleport Homer, Smite, Quicksilver 210
Paladin Squad (10 man) w/ 4 psycannons, 4 halberds, 2 daemonhammers 630

Strike Squads x 2 (10 man) w/ 2 psycannon 440

Dreadnoughts w/ autocannons and psyammo x 2 270

You can split up the Paladins and make them able to take objectives.
Mordrak, ghost knight and librarian deepstrike first turn and get into cover! Most important move of your game will be this move cause (speaking from experience) if Mordrak's unit dies first turn the rest of your army will be in dire straits when it comes to striking in.
Deploy dreadnoughts in cover but with good firing arcs, and hope they can take out something a turn. then bring in as much as you can on turn 2 with PC.
Hope you like the idea
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiickman Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 am

Aweosme! I will run Mordrak, that sounds like a good plan. what i Know is that the game plan will be a really really big Ruined City bord, i think they say it was 9x6 Feet

Kiickman
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 am

in that case you'll have plenty of cover for your deepstriking units! just find a good spot to bring all your grey knights down that you can defend from and mordrak and your librarian will do the rest!
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content