Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New League 1750: GK vs GK

3 posters

Go down

New League 1750: GK vs GK Empty New League 1750: GK vs GK

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 am

For the second week match up, I faced another GK player so it was a paint ball match Razz This was the same player who played the all dreadnought/drop pod list last tourney so I knew we were going to have a great, fun game.

After rolling for the missions, this is what we ended up with:
Primary - Annihilation
Secondary - Table Quarters
Tertiary - Seize ground (4 objectives)
Bonus 1 - Destroy your opponent's VIP unit
Bonus 2 - Six's (any 3 "six's" in one set of rolls)
Bonus 3 - Assassinate (destroy/kill your opponent's most expensive HQ)

Deployment is Spearhead. He wins the roll off and decides to go first.

His list (from what I can remember):
Librarian w/ warding staff, shrouding, MoT, Quicksilver, Warp rift
Grandmaster
Techmarine w/ rad, blind, psychostroke grenades
5 GKT w/ 1 psycannon
5 GKT
10 Purifiers (4 psycannons*, 1 hammer, 5 halberds)
10 GKIS (2 incinerators)
SR w/ TWLLC and TWLMM

My list:
GM w/ rad, blind, psychostroke, 2 skulls
Coteaz
6 Paladins w/ 2 psycannons
Ven psyfleman dread
10 GKSS w/ 2 psycannons, psybolts; RB w/ TWLLC
12 henchmen warband: 8 DCAs, 3 crusaders, 1 mystic; RB w/ TWLLC
LRC w/ MM

He nominates his Purifiers as his VIP unit while I nominate my Paladins as my VIP unit.
He rolls 1 unit for GS and makes his Purifiers scoring. I roll 3 units and make the ven dread and the paladins scoring.

Deployment looked like this. The white stormtroopers mark the 4 objectives. He deployed everything w/ the techmarine joining 5 GKTs in the SR and the Libby joining the purifiers in the ruins. I kept my pallies and GKSS in reserve to DS while Coteaz and the GM joined the henchmen in the LRC.
New League 1750: GK vs GK IMG_3775

Summary/highlights:
After seeing his deployment, I already knew I had a high probability of winning this game. I made sure to stay more than 24" away from his purifiers and his Libby and that already nullified a good portion of his high strength shooting, not to mention his psychic hood. Since he made the tactical mistake of splitting his forces (he admitted this also during our post game discussion), I had access to 3 of his KP while safely staying out of range from the rest of his forces. Successful use of psychic communion made sure that my pallies and GKSS came in right around the 3rd and 4th turn respectively. Sustained shooting from my LRC, dread and RBs killed off his GM and 5 GKTs. His GKIS were also getting shot up so they shunted and tried to knock out one of my RBs from the rear but they only managed to stun it. Since I made sure that my forces stayed relatively close for mutual support, the LRC rolled in and dumped Coteaz and the warband in front of the GKIS. Needless to say, after 32 power weapon attacks at I6 and S5, there were no GKIS left to strike back.

The only wrinkle in the game for me was not being able to stop his SR from reaching my GKSS and unloading the TM w/ the GKTs. My GKSS (w/c combat squaded) were the only units that I DS'ed away from my main force because I was trying to secure the Tertiary mission as well. The TM + GKTs wiped them out courtesy of rad, psychostroke and halberds. On the flip side, I finally shot the SR down as well as killed off the TM and GKTs w/ massed shooting. And yet again, my tough as nails venerable dread was able to survive a lot of hits! He was immobilised with no weapons left at the end but still alive and denied the KP Razz

The game ended at Turn 7 and the board looked like this:
New League 1750: GK vs GK IMG_3788

I scored 6 KP vs his 2 KP giving me the Primary mission. I also controlled more table quarters giving me the Secondary mission. He controlled 1 more objective so he got the Tertiary mission. We both got the "Six's" bonus but we both did not kill each other's VIP and most expensive unit.

Final score: Me = 8 BP Opponent = 3 BP

So, 2 wins in two weeks with 4 more weeks to go. Thanks for reading Very Happy

Last edited by Rivan on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New League 1750: GK vs GK Empty Re: New League 1750: GK vs GK

Post by Dark Bjoern Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Gratulation for your win. cheers

Why, by the Empror´s holy Mcnuggets, does your opponent gave the Purifiers 5 Hammers? If he hopes that he will strike at I10 with Quicksilver he´s wrong. Daemonhammers will follow the rules for Thunderhammer. And TH will work as Fists and can never be raised in Ini by any special rules or war gear.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

DB, my bad there. I meant to type 4 psycannons Embarassed

I've edited the batrep. Thanks.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Gm Rivan,

How are you finding the Crusaders? Are they soaking up the shooting at the henchmen squad or are they all safe in the LRC in the games so far?

Great to see you win another one, the hope you will keep it going Smile

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Brother Flaxis, unfortunately (or fortunately), they never got shot at. My opponent didn't really have any long range capability and I stayed beyond the range of his pyscannons. And yes, the LRC usually keeps them safe until they need to come out.

I'll be using the same list next week so we'll see how they do. I'll keep you posted.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content