Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 GK Balanced

+2
Rivan
guardian angel
6 posters

Go down

1750 GK Balanced Empty 1750 GK Balanced

Post by guardian angel Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:34 am

So after my first few games with GK and 40k in this edition I found I quite liked them Smile Therefore I think I will expand my army to 1750pts.

Based off of my experiences of 40k so far I think this is the list I will take at this points level (I just started off with 1000pt army):

Librarian, warding stave, 4 powers (dunno which ones yet!)

6 Purifiers, 2 psycannons, hammer, 3 halberds, razorback with psybolt ammo

10 GKSS, 2 psycannons, hammer, psybolt ammo, rhino
10 GKSS, 2 psycannons, hammer, psybolt ammo, rhino
5 GKT, psycannon

Dreadnought, 2x TL Autocannons, psybolt ammo
Dreadnought, 2x TL Autocannons, psybolt ammo
Dreadknight, personal teleporter, heavy incinerator, hammer

That totals 1750 exactly, and to make it all I need to buy is a dreadknight and a box of PAGK Smile

The idea is that the dreads provide fire support, the GKSS provide scoring units and solid mid range firepower, purifiers are some anti-horde but can also be pushed up into the enemies face. Terminators will form the librarians guard and probably march across the table. They also provide another scoring unit.
The dreadknight can move quickly and flame people with the incinerator, but with the hammer can nail vehicles, other MC etc. I initailly wanted the great sword but due to points went with the hammer. I think the hammer could be good. Is it? It looks cool Cool

I can also easily make this list 1500 by dropping the dreadknight and a libby power. The other option is to replace the librarian with a GM.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Keep in mind I'm not going for WAAC, just to have fun and not get slaughtered!

guardian angel
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

1750 GK Balanced Empty Re: 1750 GK Balanced

Post by Rivan Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:31 am

I like your list. Pretty well-balanced vs. most opponents.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by guardian angel Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks Smile

guardian angel
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 am

librarian powers suggestion: might of titan, shrouding, santuary(misspelled, i know), and warp rift for those despicable AV 14 vehicles( or unlucky humans).

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by guardian angel Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Really might of titan? What about the summoning or quicksilver?

guardian angel
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:41 pm

slayer18 wrote:librarian powers suggestion: might of titan, shrouding, santuary(misspelled, i know), and warp rift for those despicable AV 14 vehicles( or unlucky humans).

this is definitely what you want. Quicksilver is great if you take weapons other than halberds, and summoning is a very specialized ability that comes into play mostly when you deepstrike something. For example: Squad of terminators is sitting in a table corner, orks are charging in, libby deepstrikes behind the enemy army and summons the termies to him. Now the orks have to run across the table again to reach you. However, this all depends on wether or not your libby survives a deepstrike.
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm

I'd suggest might of titan as well, that extra D6 pen can make even a regular squad capable of tearing through a vehicle(in my first game with the new dex I had a solodin with sword tear apart a deffdread thanks to it). I find quicksilver somewhat redundant if you give everyone halberds, of course you could give everyone swords for the better save and risk using another power for the better Int but psychic defences will hurt even more. As for summoning I think of that as the marmite of this dex, you either love it or hate it depending on your playstyle, personally I'm leaving it out until the homer question gets an FAQ.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 am

Brother Guardian Angel,

Having read peoples opinion around the hammer on the DKnight - it might be worth trying to get the greatsword on that or you could save the points for the hammer and use them else where
https://greyknights.forumotion.com/t2643-dreadknight-strength

This is very similar to the list i have planned - in my head at least. Except I went for a GM and Interceptors to try them out first.

Best of luck with the games.

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by guardian angel Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 am

flaxis wrote:
This is very similar to the list i have planned - in my head at least. Except I went for a GM and Interceptors to try them out first.
Brother Flaxis

Yeah, I want to try the librarian first, but the beauty of this list is that I can always swap him out for a GM with no problems. Had considered interceptors like you, but wanted to try the dreadknight first, plus the model is GORGEOUS Cool

guardian angel
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down