Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army

3 posters

Go down

New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army Empty New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army

Post by Aequitus Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi all! Been a long time painter of 40k and always loved GK. After the newest codex came out, a buddy of mine told me I should go ahead and play GK since there were so many improvements....well, I bit and now I'm wracking my brain trying to build an army. I've read a lot of the army builds posted and finally decided to make my own. Please feel free to rip into me about how noobish this list is, I can take it with the best of em.

HQ
Draigo - 275
Librarian: Sanctuary, Shrouding, Summoning, Warp Rift - 170

Troops
Paladin Squad x6: Apothecary w/ NWS, 1 MCDH, 1 Falchions, 1 BroBanner, 1 Halberd & PsyC, 1 NFS & PsyC - 500

Paladin Squad x5: 1 MCDH, 1 MC Halberd, 1 Falchions, 1 Halberd & PsyC, 1 NFS & PsyC - 330

Heavy Support
Dreadnought: TLAC x2, Psybolt Ammo - 135

That puts me at 1410 and I could add another Paladin w/ BroBanner to the 5 man squad and have 10 pts for something. Or I could throw a vanilla Tech Marine in for the 90. Or I can cut 45 pts out somewhere for another Psyfleman....I know it's a small force, and I am kinda worried about that so I also thought of dropping the Libby and making both Paladin squads like the 330 pt one, having 2 psyflemen, and throwing a GKSS or Purifier Squad in with a transport. there's just a lot to consider and since I've never played, I don't know how viable the apothecary would be since I hear there's a lot ignoring FNP. Any and all help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Aequitus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army Empty Re: New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army

Post by Rivan Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:21 pm

First off, welcome to the forums!

I'm actually in favor of dropping the libby. making the palaldin unit the same, adding another dread and another unit w/ a transport. This gives you more bodies, and more long range shooting. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your stay!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army Empty Re: New to the game 1500 pt Draigo army

Post by Aequitus Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Thank you for the quick reply! And the two cents are much appreciated. I'm thinking a purifier squad with a transport so I have some literal fire power against the hordes out there.

Aequitus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 am

i would say for you to drop the apothicary and banner. that would give you enough points for another dread and to give the libby MOT and QS. or you could drop the above mentioned upgrades and the libby and add a large purifier squad with a transport.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down