Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign

3 posters

Go down

New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign Empty New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign

Post by Brother Ratvan Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Greetings.

So I have decided that I have ignored the 40k universe for long enough and decided to join a slow grow campaign at my local gaming club.

The starting point to this will be 500 points so I will not have many troops to play with (I like) and I have decided that for my own personal reasons I want to collect a pure GK army (for the moment) also I like to have fun with my games so will not be having any special characters or running any spam lists

So without further ramblings I present Strike Force Alpha (will come up with a decent name soon I promise)

HQ: Brotherhood Champion (100)

Troops: Strike Squad - 5 man, 1x Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback w/ Autocannon, Psybolt (205)
Troops: Strike Squad - 5 man, 1x Hammer, Razorback w/ Autocannon, Psybolt (195)

I like the amount of fire power that I can lay down and I also like the fact that I have a highly mobile army so can retreat to the battle, my main concern with the list is......the layout of the Razorbacks weapons (I plan to magnetise the kits) but at 500 points is two autocannons overkill and what would you recommended layouts be.

Looking forward to your replies

Matt

Last edited by Brother Ratvan on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brother Ratvan
Brother Ratvan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 10
Army : Grey Knights, Bretonnians, Redemptionists and The Guild
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign Empty Re: New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign

Post by Rivan Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Not a bad start.

The BChamp comes in at 100pts w/ no option to master craft. Maybe you meant digital weapons? He doesn't need DW anyway since he already re-rolls failed rolls to wound with his anointed blade.

My suggestion would be to keep Troop 1 as is. For Troop 2, use a RB w/ heavy bolters w/ psybolts instead. You get 3 twin-linked shots at 36" and you save 35pts. Add another man to make them 6 and give them a psycannon as well. If my math is correct, you'll still have 5 pts to play around with. Maybe make one of the hammers master-crafted?
What you end up with is 2 6-man units (counting the HQ). You have longer range with the heavy bolters. And even if both transports get destroyed, both your units have a psycannon each.

Just my two cents Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign Empty Re: New Years Challenge - Slow Grow Campaign

Post by Brother Ratvan Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:59 pm

That's the kind of advise that I needed with the list as I thought for this points range that having two autocannons would be overkill. This was the 5th draft so probably explains why I had master crafted weapon on the champ..... just went bog eyed and could see wood for the trees.

So 500 point list

HQ: Brotherhood Champion

Troops: Strike Squad - 5 man, 1x Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback w/ Assault Cannon, Psybolt (HQ goes here)
Troops: Strike Squad - 6 man, 1x Master Crafted Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback w/ Heavy Bolters, Psybolt

Last edited by Brother Ratvan on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : list editted)
Brother Ratvan
Brother Ratvan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:07 pm

I think that's a very viable list at 500pts. We'll see maybe some of our Brothers can make it better.

Also, I'm sure you meant assault cannon for the RB right?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ratvan Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:39 am

I did yes, like I said I have been over this list so many times I don't know what I am doing anymore
Brother Ratvan
Brother Ratvan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ratvan Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 pm

So I have played a few games with this list

HQ
Brotherhood Champion – 100

Troops
5 Man Strike Squad, Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback with Assault Cannon, Psybolt – 195

5 Man Strike Squad, Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback with Assault Cannon, Psybolt – 195

and have done quite nicely, however upping the anti slightly to 750 points and I am at a complete loss to how I want my army to run. Terminators for me are fairly meh.... model wise and I proxied some for a game and also meh..

At the moment I am liking the look of the following

Purgation Squad, 4 Incinerators, Razorback, Heavy Bolters, Psybolt - 150
Paladin, Master Crafted Daemon Hammer - 55
Paladin, Halberd - 55

takes me to 750

If I am getting the rules correct this should be a nice little counter attack section, Incinerators can flush things out of cover or counter horde (like f#cking Hormogants) and depending on the game can either drop the Paladins to take out heavy support choices (longfangs ect) or If I am looking to get overwhelmed to assist my boys in combat.
Brother Ratvan
Brother Ratvan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:28 pm

I would swap to a Lib asap personally, just my personal bias against the BC's but I feel a Lib has better overall synergy.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down