6 GKSSS, 1PC, 4H, and 1MC Hammer / PsyRazor - 230

Elites:
Ven PsyfleDread -195
Ven PsyfleDread -195

HS:
NDK HInc, NDH, and PT - 245
NDK HInc, GPsy, NDH, and PT - 280

2000 pts (on the nose)

Strategy is to bring Mordrak and his crew along with Karamazov in on Turn 1(First to the Fray) and pop priority vindi or LR with MCMM and/or OSR. Obviously use the Ven Psyflemen to try to pop open medium AV's and then Shunt both the NDH's into the combat lines and use their gat and HInc's to barbecue the guys that are now, or were already, exposed. Razors will move to mid field or toward objectives.
Turn2 I will break Karamazov from the ghostly group if not in cc and start using his "By any means necessary" to clean off the units who may have assaulted my NDKs.
I know this list is weak on troops but the point is to inflict maximum damage and get in their face with multiple (intimidating) units to split their focus and/or put them on the defense turn 1.

What are your thoughts? Is this list just completely insane?

Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An unconventional and very aggressive 2000 pt list

Post by Chaplain Thrace on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Personally I like insane.
But is Karamazov able to join Mordrak and deepstrike, as he doesn't have any deep strike rules (neither do any of the other named inquisitors)?
I don't have my BRB with me to confirm this.
I also think maybe you should drop the GPsy for something else, and change one of the NDK's hammers for a sword, rerolls is often better than just higher str.

Chaplain Thrace
Henchmen
Henchmen

Army : Grey knights of the 2nd Brotherhood; Order of the Bloody Rose; Eldar
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am

no, if a character that cannot deep strike joins a group, even Mordrak, that group cannot deep strike.

However, that shouldn't diminish your plan. deep strike away with mordrak and just keep your Karamazhov with a group around midfield, picking things off. theres no reason for him to be close to the fight.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:07 am

Of course he can't deepstrike... Thank you brothers for pointing out a very obvious mistake on my part. I didn't think that one through very well. Embarassed

Chaplain Thrace wrote:I also think maybe you should drop the GPsy for something else, and change one of the NDK's hammers for a sword, rerolls is often better than just higher str.

Thank you for the suggestion but I have found that these two are more effective if I run these guys as AV 13/14 hunters (monolith/LR/Vindi/battlewaggon etc.) with Nemesis Deamon Hammers and Hammerhand. With only 3 attacks, if he gets into close combat then he is stuck in for 2 to 3 rounds so even if he is rerolling everything and dishing out max wounds on all 3 of attacks, itís just not killy enough to get his points back unless you are fighting another highly overpriced MC. (And even against MCs my NDH does ok) Also while they're mobile they are going to be soaking up shots that would otherwise be hitting my weaker/juicier units.

The HInc and GPsy are only there for when they can't get to a vehicle for the next assault or there are no vehicles left. IMHO the GPsy is more reliable/consistant than the Heavy Psycannon and it gives them a little flexability if I need it.

Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:17 pm