Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pt Purifier army

4 posters

Go down

1500pt Purifier army Empty 1500pt Purifier army

Post by aces51high Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:40 pm

This weekend I'm versing an eldar player that i've never been able to bea. He tents to sit his troops out in the open and just move them up. He also buts banshies into a falcon (i think its called that) and then move them right into my core army and then unleash them before i can kill any. He aslo tends to take a avatar, wraithlord and fire prism. I think list may just do it what do you guys think?
HQ:
Crowe
150pts

TROOPS:
Knight of Flame
-Nemesis Force Halberd
9x Purifiers
- 9x Nemesis Force Halberds
- 2x psycannons
- incinerator
(278pts)

Knight of Flame
-Nemesis Force Halberd
9x Purifiers
- 3x psycannons
- incinerator
(288pts)

Knight of Flame
-Nemesis Force Halberd
9x Purifiers
- 2x psycannons
- incinerator
- psybolt ammo
(298pts)

HEAVY:
Nemesis Dreadknight
- heavy psycannon
- nemesis greatsword
(195pts)

Dreadnaught
- lascannon
(145pts)

Dreadnaught
- lascannon
(145pts)

HQ:150pts
Troops:846pts
Heavy:485pts
Total:1499pts

The plan is to move all the troops up and get them into close combat. With the dreadnknight i plan to move it straight at his avatar and with the dreadnaughts i plan to pick of his tanks and wraithlord. Crowe is going to move up in the middle of it all as a decoy.

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

1500pt Purifier army Empty Re: 1500pt Purifier army

Post by stormknight Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:06 am

Have you considered using:
dreadnought w/ two twin-linked autocannons and pysbolt ammunition for 135pts?

also with your troops you need to be careful of the fire prism as it can damage your purifiers with its blast weapon which is ap2
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by aces51high Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:24 am

yeh i would use them except they lack range for what i want them to do, sit back and shoot. Also i know that is a problem this is why i am going to concentrate fire on the firse prism till its no longer a threat, but thanks.

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:56 am

aces51high wrote:yeh i would use them except they lack range for what i want them to do, sit back and shoot. Also i know that is a problem this is why i am going to concentrate fire on the firse prism till its no longer a threat, but thanks.
Wait what? Your 48" range guns on a platform that can move 6" and fire is too short range? lol Also they are your best bet for taking out those pesky eldar vehicles who have AV12, IIRC that should net you at least 1 pen a turn, and if you get them outta there vehicles the game is over, as psibolt stormbolters > eldar.
Also don't just run your dreadknight into the avatar as it will probably be split it in two by it, try and get at least 1 regular guy into B2B with it since that will reduce it to I1('nades ftw). Failing that I'd replace the heavy psycannon with a gatling psilencer, 12 shots wound on 4+ will hurt it, and given infantry saves suck for eldar should help against them as well.
As for tactics I wouldn't worry too much about the prism cannon, proper placement of your models should mean he can only hit maybe 1 or 2 per turn, if I was you my priority would be transports, then prism, then wraithlord/avatar depending on which you think is going to do more damage

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by aces51high Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 am

my bad dude i thought the autocannon was an assault cannon lol. But yeh that does make more scene. As well as getting the extra shots with the psilencer. Also with the what about taking away the psybolt ammo from the one squad using it and with the extra points from the dreadnaught changes and put on a gatling psilencer, heavy psycannon and a nemesis greatsword?
Thanks man.

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 am

Personally, I don't like the heavy psycannon on the dreadknight and would take a heavy incinerator (str 6 vs eldar, larger template, pretty sweet range) which is also cheaper.

Secondly i'm a real big fan of psycannons on the purifiers. Have you considered taking 4 psycannons for each 10 purifiers, and then splitting them up into combat squads, giving you 1 squad with 4 psycannons and 1 justicar, and 1 squad with 1 justicar (hammer) and 4 more halberds. The psycannons stay back and take the eldar apart piece by piece, while the halberds clean up the remains. The hammer would be very nice against any mech or avatar... (think about a PAGK with a hammer insta-killing his avatar hehehe)

Like Bigbri said; 2 TL autocannons + psybolt (135p) is just pure carnage against AV12, and you should be able to take them apart at 48" no problem at all! And the autocannons would just destroy his elites & hq's once you get a line of sight Smile
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 196
Army : Grey Knights and Daemons
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content