Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1950pt crowe list

3 posters

Go down

1950pt crowe list Empty 1950pt crowe list

Post by aces51high Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:04 am

I\'ve played gk's before but only in the old codex I\'ve still yet to go buy some but i was thinking on buying a list similar to this.

HQ:
Castellan Crowe -150pts

Elite:
Techmarine-110pts
-Conversion Beamer

Techmarine-140pts
-Orbital strike relay

Troops:
264pts
Knight of flame
-Matercrafted Nemesis Falchions
4 Purifiers
-Psycannon
-4 Nemesis Force Halberd
-Razorback with lascannon

264pts
Knight of flame
-Nemesis Force Halberd
4 Purifiers
-Psycannon
-4 Nemesis Force Halberd

264pts
Knight of flame
-Nemesis Force Halberd
4 Purifiers
-Psycannon
-4 Nemesis Force Halberd

Terminato justicare
-Deamon Hammer
4 Terminators
-4 Nemesis Force Halberd
-Landraier

Heavy Support:
230pts
Nemesis dreadknight
-Galtion psliencer
-Heavy psycannon
-Nemesis Greatsword

225pts
Justicare
-Deamon hammer
4 Grey Knights
-4 Psycannons

TOTAL:1970pts
HQ:150pts
ELITE:250pts
TROOPS:860pts
HEAVY:710pts

Last edited by aces51high on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

1950pt crowe list Empty Re: 1950pt crowe list

Post by bigbri Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:46 am

Some idea of how you think this will work would be useful, and make it easier to critique. As it stands I don;t really like it:
1)You need to lose either the conversion beamer or the OSR from each techmarine, they can only fire one weapon.
2)Lose the falchions on the Purifiers and termies and replace them with halberds. The extra attacks are not worth it, the I6 is.
3)Lose the psybolt ammo as well, it's incredibly expensive and you don't have enough guys for it to be worth it.
4)Get rid of the psilencers and the psybolt from the purgators. The psybolt ammo doesn't affect any of the weapons you want them carrying, and psilencers are just awful under every circumstance. Take psycannons with all your spare points.
5)Use the saved pts to get more bodies on the field.
Once you post how you want the list to work in game I can knock uop an example of how you should change this when I get back from work.
Also may want to only post pt costs of the unit as a whole, GW tends to start throwing around the banhammer on websites that post points cost for individual upgrades.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by aces51high Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:54 am

Thanks dude. So I've changed around the techmarines and give one a conversion beamer and one OSR also I\'ve gotten rid of all the psybolt ammo and changed around the falchions to halberds. I\'ve added in another squad of purifiers in a razorback. I plan to move the razorbacks shooting the lazcannons at his vehicles/ big main threats while then moving in the landraider. The nemesis dreadknight will be sitting back and shooting. The point of the techmarines is to soften up his infantry with the OSR and using the conversion beamer to attack his 2+ save infantry, sound like anything good?

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:05 am

For the razorbacks it seems more popular these days to use the TL Assault Cannon w/psybolt ammo(making them TL psycannons). They can still pen AV14 on a rending roll but will be much more usefull to destroy tranports and infantry. On the Falchion vs. Halberd debate, to me it depends on the size of the squad and what I want to do with that squad. If I want it to attack equal to slightly larger squads and win, I go with the halberd. If I want a squad that will ruin a large horde, maybe 20+models in a squad, then I prefer the falchions, as the more attacks my squad gets the more wounds I'm going to cause. The issue with the halberds vs large squads is that against large squads no matter your initiative, the enemy is still going to be able to swing back, unless you can roll for a lot of hits and wounds. Falchions just increase the chance of causing more wounds and wipe them out sooner. On the dreadknight the sword or hammer are both incredible, however, I personally wouldn't use both the psycannon and gattling psy. The heavy incin is an incredible weapon and I would switch one of the range weapons for it.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by aces51high Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:09 am

@slayer18 i liked the idea of the tl assault cannon w/psybolt ammo but the only thing they lack in range, i want something that can take out vehicles at the start of the game because i want them to do some damage before they get destroyed. Also with the falchion vs halberd im generally versing eldar or fellow space marines so i think halbred's would do the trick. Im to keen on the heavy incinerator either but i will try it out to see how it turns out, cheers for the advice.

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down