Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK 1500 list.

2 posters

Go down

GK 1500 list. Empty GK 1500 list.

Post by afastr Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 am

HQ (270pts)

Brotherhood Champion (100pts)
Grey Knight Brother Captain (170pts)
Master Crafted Nemesis Force Halberd , Master Crafted Storm Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition

Elites (690pts)

4 Paladins, 1 Apothecary (460pts)
Brotherhood Banner, Master Crafted Nemesis Daemonhammer X1 , Master Crafted Nemesis Force Falchions X1, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Halberd X1, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Sword X1, Master Crafted Psycannon , 3x Master Crafted Storm Bolter . Psybolt Ammunition
4 Purifiers + 1 Knight of the Flame (230pts)
Psybolt Ammunition, 2x Psycannon, 2x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Sword x1, Master Crafted Storm Bolter X1
Mounted in Razorback with TLHB, Extra Storm Bolterm and Psybolt Ammuntion
Troops (540pts)

4 X Grey Knight Terminators 1 Terminator Justicar (280pts)
Brotherhood Banner, 3x Nemesis Force Falchions , Psycannon , 3x Storm Bolter, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Falchions , Master Crafted Storm Bolter

4 X Grey Knight Terminators 1 Terminator Justicar (260pts)
Brotherhood Banner, Nemesis Force Halberd, 2x Nemesis Force Sword, Psycannon, 3x Storm Bolter, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Daemonhammer , Master Crafted Storm Bolter

Total 1500

Few things I'd like peoples opinions on, first thing is lack of heavy support, will it be a big problem in a 1500 point game? Could always fiddle around the points and bring in a Dreadnaught etc.

Second thing is the distribution of force weapons within a squad, is stacking a full squad with falchians for mega lots of attacks a good or bad idea or does a mix do better? ;D

afastr
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

GK 1500 list. Empty Re: GK 1500 list.

Post by Klauzer Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Most of the time its best to choose between paladins and purifiers. They're both great, but each has a different tactical style. If you keep the paladins scrap the apothecary (best for 8+ pallies imo) and bring it up to 7 paladins so that you can justify the psybolt ammo and brobanner as well. I am biased as far as pallies go because they can take unreasonable amounts of damage and dish out just as much. I've seen 5 pallies (MCDH, 2x MC psycannons, 2x halberds) wipe out just over 1k points of an opposing army.

The terminators can do without a banner for a 5 man squad. A solid load out tends to be MCDH, 1x psycannon, 2x halberds, 1x nemesis force sword (+1 invulnerable for clutch saves)

Just remember that even tho a lot of stuff can be MC'd or you can always take a brobanner a lots of falchions, your points can be better spent elsewhere...like Psyfledreads (dread with 2x twin linked autocannons and psybolt ammo). These are one of the best things in our codex! 4 S8 shots from 48" will be a life saver on the field.

Now if you're really set on tons of attacks with banners and falchions, then you should probably make your termies a 10x squad and bring a librarian for quicksilver so you can hit first...that sucks tho because the BroCap/BroChamp HQ is so fluffly and awesome Razz

Anyway, these are just some suggestions, and by no means are they super pro suggestions. This is mostly from observation and reading...lots of it. Watch some battle reports on youtube and check out this guy
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2011/03/pure-grey-knights-tactica.html
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by afastr Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks for the advice, I had really been torn between a Strike squad, and a second termie squad for my troops so I'll use them instead, and Increase the size of the paladin squad/ termie squad methinks....
Thanks for the tactica list, really good info in there, going to have a play around and see what I can come up with ;D

afastr
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down