Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pt - Wizards, Magic and Knights

Go down

1500pt - Wizards, Magic and Knights Empty 1500pt - Wizards, Magic and Knights

Post by WarpPhoenix Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:47 am

Hey, I've been flicking through the new dex and I have noticed the death star just appear before my eyes, it leapt out of the page at me, but something was different, this new type of Grey Knight unit didnt feel like it had the traditional weaknessess of a large combat unit (apart from the singularity of being on the field and a huge target). Anyway enough talk, here is the list that really makes me excited as it has a lot of psyer tests and feels like the only SM unit that can forever take on hordes of enemies.

Librarian: Warding Stave, 5 powers (Might of Titan, Quicksilver, Smite, Sanctuary, Vortex of Doom)
Bro Champ

GKSS x 10: Psybolt Ammunition, 2 Cannons (To be split into CS)
GKSS x 5: Psybolt, 1 Cannon

Purifiers x 10: 9 Halberds, 1 Hammer, Psybolt Ammunition
Land Raider Crusader (Had to go with the crusader to fit the fat man librarian)
Techmarine: 2 Servo Skulls, Rad Grenades, Psychotroke Grenades, Force Sword
Vidacre Assassin

And thats everything! The basic plan is to put the Assassin in a fortified building (for a nice 2+ cover) and have him hit dangerous targets such as any large blast low AP weapons. The large group of Purifiers can seemingly handle most anything, if I come against a very large and nasty creature worth a lot of points I have no problems in a kamikaze mission for the ever awesome Bro Champ.

The main point of the Librarian is to stay alive and give the group +1 strength and I10 for every round of combat. The Techmarine can use Hammerhand to give him and his unit another +1 and that leaves the unit as a whole to either activate Force weapons for multiwound units or cleansing flame for large groups of orcs or whatever. The Bro Champ then saves his power incase he dies at the hands of a character so he can exact his revenge. This gives the whole group S6, I10 with rerolls to hit on the charge ontop of both types of grenades. There is also insurance for missing a Psyker test, since Rad nades leave most units at T3 or below S6 is all that is needed for instant death, so the force weapons usually wont even need to be activated (good news for the group if they are fighting off 2 wound models without Eternal Warrior).

Please let me know if you can spot any obvious flaw in the list, its not an attempt to be broken but about halfway through making it it started to feel that way so forgive me for any and all amounts of cheese!

WarpPhoenix
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-09-16

Back to top Go down