Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redone 1750 Purifying Flame

+2
Souba
Corennus
6 posters

Go down

Redone 1750 Purifying Flame Empty Redone 1750 Purifying Flame

Post by Corennus Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 am

As great as my last list performed against Space Wolves (4 5 man purifier squads w/ psycannons in rhinos, 2 dreadknights, 3 dreadnoughts and crowe) once the Wolves got my Purifiers out of the Rhinos they were easy pickings for the Bloodclaws and surviving Grey Hunters. A mix of power fists, bad rolls on Cleansing Flame and halberds and really punishing shooting from said bloodclaws and hunters meant my Purifiers were down to 1 or 2 men before they even got into combat and lucked out in combat.

The psycannons were excellent. Staying still and firing 8 shots from each rhino decimated transports and troops alike, so like to keep those.
But what I need is bodies. Purifiers are great at the psycannon thing cause they get 2 specials, but I want some troops as well to make the punch.

Dreadknights were less than impressive if i'm honest. against power armour their incinerators don't have enough punch, and in combat they're easily overwhelmed by attacks....
Oh and Crowe died WAY too easily.

So new idea:

The Inquisitor and henchmen shelter behind the dreadnoughts, providing a big fire support base (hoping for good rolls with the jokaeros!) while the rhinos roll out to deliver (!!) 20 shots per turn if moving, and 40 shots per turn if stationery!

If they get shot out of their rhinos then they're still a force to be reckoned with as the strike squads can take more punishment while the purifiers charge in with Cleansing Flames

HQ

Inquisitor Coteaz

ELITES

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 3 Halberds
DT: Rhino

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 3 Halberds

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 3 Halberds

TROOPS

Henchman Squad (12 man)
Servitors w/ Plasma Cannons x3
Jokaero x 3

Strike Squad (10 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 8 Swords

Strike Squad (10 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 8 Swords

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadnought
T-L Autocannon
T-L Autocannon
Psyammo

Dreadnought
T-L Autocannon
T-L Autocannon
Psyammo

Dreadnought
T-L Autocannon
T-L Autocannon
Psyammo

Last edited by Corennus on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Redone 1750 Purifying Flame Empty Re: Redone 1750 Purifying Flame

Post by Souba Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:00 am

hm if you have your inquisitor and his mates standing behind maybe you should switch some acolytes for crusaders for the 3+ invul. at that range its often some bigger sort of gun that will be directed at you and power armor wont help much there. other than that a solid list.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:10 am

could do. but they'll be getting a 4+ cover save from standing behind the dreadnoughts.....

at 24" the acolytes come into play with plasma guns, at 36" the inquisitor and servitors are the main guns and at 48" 3 lascannons......
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 am

You have one too many Jokaero, two is the best number, rolling 6 everytime is not actually fun. With those points you could switch the Purifier's rhinos for razorbacks with psybolt ammo. This could add some firepower to your army.

Oh, and I'm with Brouther Souba. Some Crusaders could really help your henchmen.

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:18 am

they're going to get cover saves. why the obsession with expensive inv saves??

and no razorbacks are NOT a good idea if i'm doing psycannons! where can the psycannons fire if the razorback is what I take? if the razorback loses its turret then i've lost all reason for the psycannons AND the firepower of the razorback.

And i'd prefer 3 jokaero thanks as it's not the upgrades i'm too worried about but the long range firepower.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:54 am

i'm with brother Souba and Donfer about the crusaders ... they aren't expensive and the difference is huge between 4++ and 3++ (nearly 17% can make the difference)
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:09 am

well brother corennus, a 3+ invul save is always better than a 4+ cover save. on top of that. if your dreads get shot down you stand there with fewer cover.

while it is true that the plasma guns treat range is 24" you have to take into consideration that you are shooting only 1 shot each until the enemy gets into 12" range. on top of that you are shooting with BS 3. meaning only 50% of your shots are even able to hit, meaning 1.5. under 12" its only 3 hits. sure you wound most things on 2+ but you are already paying 42 points for those 3 models.

of course it will hurt if you get a enemy under 12" and then unload plasma on em. but there are many units in this game that can take those 12" and get right in your face without you even shooting. making those guns even less usefull and crusaders even better because you are able to soak up even powerweapon wounds and on top of that you are able to hit back and that not even shabby if your inquisitor got hammerhand.

if you are running them in a unit that advances toward its target it may be worthwhile taking. like a bunch of warrior acolytes with hotshot lasguns + plasmaguns riding in the face of the enemy in their chimera.
but if they are standing in a unit that is dedicated for longrange fire with a range of 36" and higher you are wasting points. because they wont shoot and if they are able to, its mostly too late.

as for the razorbacks. you dont always have to use them as transport. you can place them right next to your GK during the deployment. on top of beeing able to bring some good damage by itself. use them as screens to give your enemy limited vision and you safer shooting on the enemy.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Can Ordo malleus Inq with Psycannon and retinue with Jokaero become a unit with a purgation squad with 4XPasycannons? If so, a role of #2 for the Jokaero will add 12" to those Psycannons plus astral aim. My mind is bubbling to improve our 24" S7 AP4 assault 2, Heavy 4, rending... to 36" range, 16 shots with astral aim+ the Inq Psycan shots. Any thoughts brothers? scratch
GMKDynamis
GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 pm

no you cant. the henchman is a squad of its own. the inquisitor is a independent character that may join one squad. so that sadly wont work.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 am

It wouldn't be reliable even if you could....
Relying on a roll for extra distance, you may as well just pack in a few more bodies with more guns.

Also if you had issues with the Purifiers why not just add 2-3 more guys per squad, and remove the dreadknights.
That way once the enemy is meched, (and so are you) if they are closing in you have more bodies for when you reach assault.
Strike squads aren't bad, but Puries are generally better value.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 am

Corennus wrote:they're going to get cover saves. why the obsession with expensive inv saves??

and no razorbacks are NOT a good idea if i'm doing psycannons! where can the psycannons fire if the razorback is what I take? if the razorback loses its turret then i've lost all reason for the psycannons AND the firepower of the razorback.

And i'd prefer 3 jokaero thanks as it's not the upgrades i'm too worried about but the long range firepower.

As Borther Souba said, RBs can provide cover and mobility to your army. While Purifiers are good, they die like normal marines (as you probably noticed) and because of that, having a cheap armour sucking up damage so that your Purifiers can do their shooting and assaulting (if necessary) is a great thing to have. While rhinos can do this, they don't add significant amounts of firepower to the army. The RB on the other hand adds a pletora of S6 TL extra shots which are great for any army to have.

As for the Jokaero, if you're looking for long range, a Servitor is much cheaper and does the same. Jokaeros provide the extra punch with their upgrades, other than that they're an expensive way to add firepower to henchmen. If you don't care about the upgrades, stick with the servitors.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content