Ready your Psycannons for the Daemons arrival

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ready your Psycannons for the Daemons arrival

Post by Snowfire on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:55 pm

I'm going to get a copy when it comes out.

What better way to defeat the enemy than to know their secrets.

Snowfire
Archivist
Archivist

Number of posts : 530
Army : Tayledras 13th Imperial Guard (Armoured, Mechanised and Airborne)
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509204914

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:18 am

"Knowledge is power, guard it well!"

We are going to die, in a rain of blood...

I'll die fighting at least!!

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4194
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by belissand on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Many people feels an Inq Heavy Army with lots of sanctuaries could do the trick, hiding our dakka people behind an unpassable wall.

Also seems that Astropaths will be mandatory.

Usin An army (theoretically) with 1 Inq Lord and 3 Elites we can have a 24" wall that can only fear flyers or jetbikes. and will dakka to death the rest of the army.

belissand
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:52 am

Sanctuary the deamons to death.

Me likes!

"We will be like a rock in the ocean, wave after wave will hit us, but we will stand proud forever"

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:53 am

Since I plan to keep my army pure GK I won't be stocking up on Inquisitors. I'll just have to take any Daemons coming my way square on the kisser. I have a couple of questions/observations though:

Once in a while I do a google search to catch any updates on the Codex: Daemons. I've noticed though there doesn't seem to be much hype amongst players about it. Some are looking forward to it but most seem indifferent at best. Am I wrong in thinking this army might not be very popular? What's the attitude that you guys are getting in your particular gaming circle towards the codex?

A lot of players are concerned about how difficult it might now be for DH's to combat Daemons. I'm wondering how much tougher it will be for other non-DH armies. They don't have Daemon-free zones and as many (I think) IS-negating weapons/upgrades. Since they don't have to make difficult terrain rolls agains them on the charge wouldn't Daemons be Fleeting/Rending faster and just as effectively against other armies?

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by belissand on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Objectively, Any army will have 1 free Shooting Round before melee.

Armies like Tau, IG, Eldars (bladestorm is a pain), and some heavy Shooty marines will nearly destroy the 1st half of the demon army thanx to his huge number of shots. I know we have storm bolter but it isn't important when nearly everything in the opponet army will be at rapidfire range, can you Imagine an IG in rapid fire? or 10 men dire avengers with bladestorm? (that's 30 shots if you didn't know) and every unit will be costing less than our tipical GK unit. Agreed, we ignore Inv saves, but at 5+ saves focus fire will do the trick.

Now, Armies like Black Templars, Blood Angels, And Nids which are CC oriented will be packing lots of flamers and nids will go even faster than demonettes thanx to the bioplasma attack. And since Montruous creatures are 10 men worth in combat resolution, they will win in the resolution fase.

Concentrating fire on the Icon bearers and leaving only those too far to make an assault next turn is priority. Not everyone will be slanesh but most will because of the 12" assault, so either obliterate a uni with icon or leave it at 18" (remember the fleet).

The bigger difficulty for us is that unless we start using IST on rhinos with 2xflamers, we won't have enough dakka to kill the important targets. (and that's because of our high point cost).

Orks are an exception, they can do it well even in a shooty config or a CC config, because they are cheap an lootas do 10-30 shots on a 10 man squad. And can have 20 boys in CC for merely 120 pts.

Am I missing an army? maybe DE but I have no experience using them.

belissand
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomaflatchi on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm actually really hoping that they change the functionality of Sanctuary with the release of Codex: Chaos Daemons. Regardless of how overpowered the army may be in general, ours shouldn't be invincible to counter-balance it.

But yeah, I've seen what you mean about 'mixed hype'. We might have to wait until a little closer to release to see the real effect.

Doomaflatchi
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 33
Army : "Predjudice set to maximum." ~ HK-47
Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 am

Sanctuary isn't overpowered, the model using it will be immobile and he will cost more than a standard deamon even if he is an elite inquisitor with only sanctuary.

(35 points if you didn't know, and i think he must have weapons)

So the only way i would think this would be unfair is if the DH player does ridiculusly big/weird bases so alot more is covered by his sanctuary, but then it would be powergaming taking advantage of rules and no fun to play.

And inquisitors are insta killed by perils of the warp!

About hype, some, some really likes deamons and i've seen a increase of deamon models popping up.

Like the forge world greater deamon of khorne.

Nasty thing.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by belissand on Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:20 am

The elite inq with some priest (to get ld 10). No weapons since if he does anything the sanctuary breaks (his unit can shoot Razz).

And peris is an instakill (T_T) frigging humans!

Every new daemon will prefer buying the new plastic minis since they are less expensive than having an all metal army (reminding me of us Very Happy ) So demonettes an Bloodletters will be popular. Unless they are planning on changing Nugle and tzeentch to plastic (no info on that one).

So basic metagaming would be Khorne/slanesh in base army.

belissand
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:31 am

Dang!

Too many deamons, sounds like sanctuary will be a good choice in the future!

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:40 am

Well, the dreaded Daemon armies seem to be a no-show in my neck of the woods so far. Not even a sniff of one. I might do a big tournie next month so some could possibly show up there with all the out-of-towners coming in. Up to now though, nothing. Not even word of a player working or even planning on one. Any Daemonic incursions on your fronts yet? Maybe it's still early.

Sorry for dredging up this old topic but I thought it better for continuities sake rather than starting a new one.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by belissand on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:05 pm

Well I saw a Daemon player last saturday and his army was great! A GK would have obliterated it but I don't think any other army would have stood a chance. He fought a Very good Tau Player who uses 2 HQs one with bodyguard, 2 crisis squads of twin ML, 1 Steaths suit squad, 2x Mech Firewarriors, 2 Hammerheads and a 3 men Broaside squad.

The Daemon had:

Tzeentch special character with 3+ inv save and rerolling armor saves for every daemon at 6"
A Khorne Greater Daemon
2x 8 Daemonettes
1x 8 Bloodletters
5x screamers
1 soulGrinder
1 CC Flying Daemon Prince
1 Tzeentch shooty Daemon Prince

1st Tau turn the 1st half of the daemon army got nearly obliterated (as expected), but then the Blodthisters went in front of the Tzeentch special character bloking LOS to him and getting a twinlinked save, whenever an other Daemon prince arrived they got arround the tzeencg character and they were UNSTOPPABLE, nothing was left from the Tau player by turn 4.

belissand
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justicar Dionitas on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:11 pm

I've read the codex as my friend who plays DG bought it. There's some naaaasty stuff in there. The Skulltaker is a whole lot of hurt!

Justicar Dionitas
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowfire on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 am

Perils of the warp - Is now an instant wound with inv saves, no more strength 6 hits insta-killing us now

Snowfire
Archivist
Archivist

Number of posts : 530
Army : Tayledras 13th Imperial Guard (Armoured, Mechanised and Airborne)
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509204914

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:38 am

So if i wear a forcefield generator designed too stop incoming bullets.

My mind won't be attacked by deamons entering from the dark rescesses of my soul?

Chill!

(This is stupid on all fluff levels)

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am

The Energy Field could have the unexpected effect of repelling daemons!

sunny Muahaha, now I'm safe from the daemonic!

Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Maybe that forcefield has a warp presence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:46 am

I don't think so, as it doesn't even have ai (as far as i know)

So the machine spirit will be a simple one, indeed effective but not more advanced than i bolter i suppose.

Or if the Ork weirdboy can take cybork body! (Not sure if he can, can't remember)

My body is made of metal and wires, controlled by my brain (hopefully) and as such, i recieve a defense from deamonic entities attacking my brain!!!

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Wouldn't you know it that after me saying there's no Daemon armies in my area the next game I played was against those bad boys. Since we play multiple players per side he split his attacks between myself and the Space Marine partners either side of me so I can't say how well I would have done one on one. The Daemon player fielded pure Khorne and the only units I actually went up against was a 10-strong Bloodletter unit, 5 Flesh Hounds and a Soulgrinder (and some Chaos Marine units from the guy next to him).

I'll tell ya, after one guy read aloud parts of the Daemon codex (and the word 'cheese' was heard quite often from the other players) it seemed pretty intimidating. Especially so since the Daemon player made sure he sat directly across from me and (in a good-natured way) declared he was going to 'munch' on some Grey Knights.

Because we had 5 players per side and started a bit late we didn't get many turns in but these are my GK vs. Daemon highlights:

Turn 1: A 10 strong Bloodletter unit makes a pinpoint Deep Strike 3-4 inches away from my right-hand 8 man PAGK unit. I'm thanking the Emperor that these bad boys can't shoot or assault after striking. The Soulgrinder also DS's spot on between and in front of my right-hand unit and my Termie unit (GM attached) to my left. He directly faces though a Space Marine Dread that was placed between my units to support me. The Soulgrinder proceeds to lick, spit, vomit and pee? on the hapless Dread and takes out one main weapon and shakes him as well. I believe all the Soulgrinder attacks were 'assault' and I was amazed at how many and how strong they were.

Turn 2: I move my GK unit 1" into hard cover and shuffle my Incinerator as close to the Bloodletter unit as I can. Because of DS'ing they're in one nice tight little cluster. The Incinerator has 6 full and two partials under the template. This added to 3 psycannon and 12 storm bolter shots leaves only one defiant Bloodletter left. The Daemon player was surprised that my Incinerator negated IS's so I may never come across a juicy target like that again. In the Daemon's phase the Soulgrinder finishes off the valiant SM Dread. Bad news for me later on.

Turn 3: Since our armies were 1000 points each I left my LR parked in the garage and proceeded to bang my head as I didn't have a single weapon that could touch the front or side of the Soulgrinder. My GM was within easy charge distance from him and I made a mental note to ALWAYS take Hammerhand after that. My GM, Termies and left-hand PAGK unit then concentrated on fire two Chaos Marines units in hopes of bringing them below half so they couldn't contest a main objective. The Daemon player successfully Deep Strikes the unit of Flesh Hounds behind my Termies. In support the Soulgrinder in his turn decides to give my Termies some loving as well. After what seems a bajillion attacks he takes out 4 Termies and that after I made at least six Invulnerable saves during the course. The remaining Bloodletter makes a forlorn charge on my PAGK and almost survives my first strikes by making 2 out 3 Invulnerable saves.

Turn 4: This is declared the last turn of the night. My GM, B-C and 1 remaining Termie charge the Flesh Hounds. Due to abysmal 'to hit' rolling from my GM I only take out 3 out of the 5 Daemon pups. The hounds fail to cause me any wounds in return. The result is still ok as they no longer count as a scoring unit and won't gain a bonus point for being in the enemy deployment zone at game's end. Alas, the game is called after the enemies movement phase. I'm glad we forgo the shooting phase as I'm spared more of the Soulgrinders's bodily fluids which would surely have done in my GM and remaining Termies. At the end we each hold one main objective and contest another. The enemy wins by 1 for having a unit in our deployment zone (one of those mech-rhino Bloodthirster guys).

To sum up my thoughts: If I had given my GM Hammerhand I could have probably taken out the Soulgrinder early and may have not suffered any casualties at all. The 'Grinder's 3 (4?) different and powerful attacks coming in one after the other can really chew through even the toughest of units. Taking this boy out is a priority. Even though I took out the Bloodletters easily it would have been a different story if he had a 15 or stronger unit. Being all power weapon-armed the survivors would have done a lot of damage afterwards. In a unit as small as he had the Flesh Hounds didn't seem much of a threat. If I recall correctly though the Daemon player rolled badly to hit so I'm not sure what kind of damge they could actually do.

My apologies. It wasn't my intention to make this into a mini batrep. I just started out to give a few of my thoughts about my first Daemonic encounter.

Last edited by NemesisForce on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:30 am

The day i meet deamons, i will die soo bad!

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:52 am

So Bloodletters don't have a 3+ armour save like they used to then?

I played a Legion of the Damned battle against (3rd Edition?)Chaos, so he used proper 4 gods Daemons against my rules, instead of the Greater or lesser Daemons, and his Bloodletters had a 3+ Armour save because of the "Brass Armour of Khorne" or something on top of ther 5+ Inv. I still won though, Dreads and Speeders Rock.

Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Nope. His 'letters only had a 5+ IS. Can't say though wether or not he might have taken some option that could give them armor saves as well. Considering they all have power weapons I hope that ain't the case.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down