Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st ever 2000points

5 posters

Go down

1st ever 2000points Empty 1st ever 2000points

Post by Daryl Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 am

This is the first time I have created a grey knight army as I am a pure sisters of battle player, so any thoughts and comments is welcome.

Grand Master Mordrak
5x Ghost Knights (all with halberds)

Vindicare Assassin

Techmarine - 3x Servoskulls
- Orbit strike relay

Purifier Squad x6 - 5x halberds
- 1x Daemon Hammer
Razorback - asssault cannon twin linked
- Dozer Blades
- Psybolt ammo
- Extra armour
- Storm Bolter
- truesilver armour

Grey Knight Terminator Squad x6 - Psycannon x1
- 4x Halberds
- 2x Daemon Hammers

Grey Knight Terminator Squad x6 - Psycannon x1
- 4x Halberds
- 2x Daemon Hammers

Nemesis Dreadknight - Nemesis Daemon Hammer
- Gatling Psilencer

Dreadnought - twinlinked autocannons x2
- psybolt ammo
- extra armour
- truesilver amour
- Search light

Dreadnought - twinlinked autocannon x2
- psybolt ammo
- extra armour
- truesilver amour
Total 1999

Daryl
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

1st ever 2000points Empty Re: 1st ever 2000points

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:17 am

welcome on board.
your army is well thought but i would make some remarkes though.
1/ your body count is low especially in troops you could maybe decrease the enhancements of the dreads and vehicles to enhance the number of your termies or give the skulls to Mordrak (if it's possible, or use an unnamed GM) forget the techmarine which is good but not so good Razz compared to the brotherhood champ or the GM.
2/ use 2 doomfists for the DK and not the gatling but the cinnie and the heavy psycannon
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:05 am

Why do you recommend the doomfists when they only give you one extra attack and you are limited to strength 10 where as the hammer can give you strength 14 with hammerhand?

Daryl
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 am

you'll never achieve S14 (max is 10)
i understand the fact that the hammer is appealling : is strength and penetration are very interesting, but if i'm right (don't have the codex on hand) you have to sacrifice 1 gun to get the hammer and i think that it's not really worth it. 4 S10 ( 5 on charge) attacks and 2 guns (let's say 1 cinnie and 1 heavy psycannon) are a better compromise ... but hey it only my humble opinion ! Wink Razz
to be true i like the hammer too. there just the sword that is desapointing : S6 is to low even with the rerolls.
to conclude though i think that the psilencer gatling is crap ... so i strongly recommand you another choice Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 am

1. i agree with the body count being too low. I like 6 man termie squads, but the purifiers should really be 10 man squads. I would also drop the DHammers down to only 1 if any in the termie squads.

2. i also would drop the techmarine. While kind of a cool idea, the points could be better utilized in your list.

3. vehicle upgrades- Truesilver- unless you are fighting against daemons its totally useless. Extra Armor- your vehicle has psychic pilot with the fortitude power and leadership 10, the Extra armor is also not needed. Searchlight- probably taken because you had an extra point left. this is an upgrade that you would only use 1, maybe 2 turns, even the 1 point becomes too much for its use.

4. Dread Knight- I actually dont mind the gatling psilencer in this list since you already have the two psibolt auto cannon dreads. I would drop the hammer since you lose the extra attack for two Nemisis Doomfists by using it. The only advantage gained is the initiative 1/crew shaken on successful wounds. the price paid for that doesnt outwiegh the extra attack in my estimation.

5. Razorbacks really arent a good transport for purifiers. The main object with them is to get into the enemy as quick as possible. Your razorback would then ideally be moving 12" a turn till you get there meaning no shots from your weapons. Storm bolter really is a bad idea with psybolt upgrade. It turns the stormbolter into st5 so it is no longer a defensive weapon. So if you move your firing either that or the assault cannons. I think a rhino would better suit the purifiers squad.

just my 2 cents
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 pm

"you'll never achieve S14 (max is 10)
i understand the fact that the hammer is appealling : is strength and penetration are very interesting, but if i'm right (don't have the codex on hand) you have to sacrifice 1 gun to get the hammer and i think that it's not really worth it. 4 S10 ( 5 on charge) attacks and 2 guns (let's say 1 cinnie and 1 heavy psycannon) are a better compromise ... but hey it only my humble opinion ! "

I have looked throught the rule book and the rules for doomfist max you out to 10strength due to dreadknought close combat weapon but the use of the hammer uses the rule for thunder hammer which does not give you any max to strength. The hammer only replaces a doom fist and not any long range weapons. As per the weapons I personally think that a gatling psilencer and heavy incinerator would be the best combo as I find a template weapon of the pyscannon can be very inaccurate due to unpredictable direction that it can go with a model with bs4.

Daryl
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Daryl wrote:I have looked throught the rule book and the rules for doomfist max you out to 10strength due to dreadknought close combat weapon but the use of the hammer uses the rule for thunder hammer which does not give you any max to strength. The hammer only replaces a doom fist and not any long range weapons. As per the weapons I personally think that a gatling psilencer and heavy incinerator would be the best combo as I find a template weapon of the pyscannon can be very inaccurate due to unpredictable direction that it can go with a model with bs4.

Actually, thunder hammers use the same rules as power fists and it has a max of S10 also Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:50 am

The sword and hammer are very different weapons, one is for infantry of all kinds, the other is for vehicles and walkers.
Keeping in mind that the DK is a MC and has 2d6 armour pen plus HH I don't really think that S6 is that concerning. If anything the sword is more flexible than the hammer.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down