Slaughter in Space

:: Community

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Slaughter in Space

Post by Zealadin on Tue May 31, 2011 4:59 am

Thats more of a reason for them to get nerfed....
At the moment they are hideously OP versus nids and orks. Against pretty much anything with worse than a 4+ save in fact, just because of the way the ability works.

Sure people will learn to shoot them to death, but its not always an option, particularly for some armies!

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer on Tue May 31, 2011 7:31 am

Don't think so. It isn't OP since it works against some armies not all. It's the same as the Jaws power of the SW. That is one hell of an OP psychic power, and still it endures.

CF is the only real weapon GK have against hordes. Remember GK are an elite army and as such have a very small body count.

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 am

cleansing flame is really good against hordes but we have other tricks too :
Storm bolter with psybolts ... give us an hurricane of bolts very good against hordes too
or the incinerator ... gabarits are always a must against hordes
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3657
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 pm

DonFer wrote:Don't think so. It isn't OP since it works against some armies not all. It's the same as the Jaws power of the SW. That is one hell of an OP psychic power, and still it endures.

CF is the only real weapon GK have against hordes. Remember GK are an elite army and as such have a very small body count.

Concur. CF does have limitations and its effectivity will rely on good tactics from both players. I know that if I'm facing Purifiers, I will stay the hell away from them and shoot them to bits w/ my S5 psybolts Razz

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RCDragon on Tue May 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Rivan wrote:Awesome report Brother! Glad to hear you and Kris had a swell time. And thanks for all the "lessons learned" tips Very Happy

Just a few questions:
- how did your SR do as far as survivability is concerned?
- did your techmarine use the OS? And was it effective?
- how did the vindicare do for Kris?
- you mentioned the other GK players placed bottom 20%...what was their builds? were they just bad players? how do you think our new codex is as far as competitiveness is concerned?

The SR died every game, but it proved its worth with being able to move your needed paladins into battle quickly...really able to strike deep into other players zone. overall, maybe a teleporting unit is able to replace it, but without the SR I had no real anti tank units

Techmarine had OS, it is ok but you have to plant the Tech someplace, know that how it was played at this tourny, you had to have line of sight to use it, since it is not listed as a barrage weapon, keep being told its just like a Leman Russ, you have to see what your shooting...also the auto scatter almost always means it will not hit what your aiming for...so then its a chance weapon on what it will hit..

Kris thought the Vindicare was the standout in most fights...able to shoot and kill most anything...also he loved being able to blow up a LR with a rifle...

It appeared to me that most players were just flavor of the month types...many of the armies were not painted or finished...also for those of you wanting to know...the new GK are very complicated with many new powers and uses....it really takes some finese to use it right.

I like the army i have, but will retool it to have more strike power and also as many personal teleporters as possible I think.

Everything was afraid of the Dreadknight, it was either shot by the whole army or was they fled affraid from it.

RCDragon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

The Dread Knight is pretty tough to kill, but like most things it can get shot to death especially with S6 and above firing weapons. In close combat with assault cover, that's where it's meant to be. IMO scratch

GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:56 pm