Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slaughter in Space

+8
Hawkwood
Aubec le noir
Zealadin
NemesisForce
RCDragon
Brother Blutcher
Nausaden
Rivan
12 posters

:: Community

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Slaughter in Space Empty Slaughter in Space

Post by Rivan Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 am

Just wondering if any one here is planning to attend the Slaughter in Space GT being held in Los Angeles, CA on May 27-29.

If anyone is going, this is the link to the rules packet: http://www.slaughterinspace.com/Downloads/GT/SIS/SIS11.pdf

The new GK codex is allowed and this will be the first time I'm using it in a grand tournament (the local convention I thought I was participating in last weekend was a no go since I confused it with another tourney in Sept Embarassed )

Hope to see some of our Brothers there! Very Happy

Last edited by Rivan on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Slaughter in Space Empty Re: Slaughter in Space

Post by Nausaden Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Best of luck Brother Rivan! I will try to make it, moving to California here in the months ahead to be with my love <3

Erhm, and my Grey Knights shall grace and purify Cali >D
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Well, I coming in LA but only on september, and for my wedding trip... lol!

Nevertheless, good luck, crash'em all !!!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by RCDragon Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm attending and my son is also taging along. I'm going to play a straight up new grey knight army....but all grey knights... for 2000 pts I dont have many GK but then again you only need a few Smile
GM1
Lib1
Tech1
Pur10
Pal5
Term7
GK SS7
DK1
SR1

I plan on writing up a quick view sheet for me and my opponents...with all the new rules and when (Phase) everything goes off... I hope this will speed things up and help me not to forget something.
Son is playing a radical Inquisitor Cortez Army....He has 88 models to field....

RCDragon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Good luck to the three of you. Hope all goes well and be sure to throw some batreps our eager way. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri May 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Good luck both of you!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun May 15, 2011 8:05 am

good luck and please make us participate with reports and pics (if possible) Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkwood Sun May 15, 2011 8:27 am

Yeah definately!what Aubec said! we want photos!!!
Hawkwood
Hawkwood
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 88
Army : PH Death Guard / Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-03-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun May 15, 2011 9:27 am

What about a bat rep video!!!!!!!!!!
We are favored by Mars afterall, one of you must have the ability to record! Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Bad news for me Sad I was told today that I will be sent on assignment for two weeks so I won't make the tournament. That's military life for you Evil or Very Mad

I will just have to join the rest of our Brothers here and pray for the emperor's blessings on RCDragon and his son.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis Wed May 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Grand master Rivan, this smells like the handy work of chaos. They must fear a true grand master's presence in a tournament in California. I just gutted a daemon horde this morning for breakfast and before I dropped a strength 10 decapitation on a daemon prince... he called it operation Californication. I hope this helped. Good luck to those going to Cali. lol!
GMKDynamis
GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

GMKDynamis wrote:Grand master Rivan, this smells like the handy work of chaos. They must fear a true grand master's presence in a tournament in California. I just gutted a daemon horde this morning for breakfast and before I dropped a strength 10 decapitation on a daemon prince... he called it operation Californication. I hope this helped. Good luck to those going to Cali. lol!

Thanks Brother Razz I'll have to wait for the Labor Day tourney in September. Meanwhile, I'm sure RCDragon will hold the line for our Brotherhood! cheers
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by RCDragon Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Well the army is Prepped, now for a week of prayer and then its on to the slaughter.

RCDragon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat May 21, 2011 6:52 pm

RCDragon wrote:Well the army is Prepped, now for a week of prayer and then its on to the slaughter.

Nice!!! Can't wait for the batreps and pictures bounce

Don't forget your cue cards and what not so you don't forget all the new powers we have Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun May 22, 2011 3:46 am

Yep make sure your camera is fully charged, with a backup battery on hand, and an empty SD card (and backup) and a backup camera. Plus your mobile phone as a backup backup Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by RCDragon Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Brothers waiting for battle...off to the slaughter in space...

RCDragon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am

RCDragon wrote:Brothers waiting for battle...off to the slaughter in space...
please don't let us wait too long ! bounce bounce Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 am

Good luck brother and may the God Emperor protect.
GMKDynamis
GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by RCDragon Wed May 25, 2011 1:06 am

OK what do you all think of this as a quick reference guide, if you see something incorrect please say something, I did my best to copy the rule, thought I would have a few copies and pass them out to the other player durning our game.

GK Powers

GM : Hammerhand, Psychic communion, force weapon

Grand Strategy: Start of Game, before forces are deployed : pick one Roll D3 that many of Paladins, Purifiers, DreadKnight get Hammer of righteousness(re-roll to wound of rolls of 1 to wound), Shield of blades(Counter attack), spear of light (scout), unyielding anvil(claim objective)

Psychic communion: Start of movement phase(mod any reserve roll +-1)

Librarian: Hammerhand, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, quicksilver, smite, force weapon

Hammerhand: Either Assault phase: +1Strength (end of assault phase)

Might of Titan: Libs Assault phase: Friendly unit 6” +1 strength(end of turn) extra D6 for AP

Quicksilver: libs Movement phase: Friendly unit 6”, Int 10 (rest of turn)

Sanctuary: start of enemy assault phase: all GK units 12’ being assaulted terrain difficult and dangerous

Smite: Shooting phase: 12’ Str4, AP2, Assault 4

Terminators: Hammerhand, force weapon

GK Strike Squad: Hammerhand, Warp Quake, force weapon

Warp Quake: Start of own movement phase & last till start of own next movement phase, within 12’ (after scatter) enemy unit deploying by deepstrike suffer a deep strike mishap

Paladins: hammerhand, holocaust, force weapon

Holocaust: shooting phase, 12’ str5, AP-, Assault 1, large blast

Purifiers: hammerhand, cleansing flame, force weapon

Cleansing Flame: Either assault phase: after assault moves have been made but prior to any blows. All enemy models that are part of the same assault suffer one wound on a roll of 4+ Unsaved wounds caused by CF are counted as having been caused in close combat for all purposes.

Techmarine: Hammerhand, Reconstruction

Recontruction: Tech Movement phase: reroll any repair roll he makes this turn:

Blessing of the Omnissiah: D6 +1, 5 or more, repair weapon destroyed or immobilized result

Bolster Defences: My Deployment, nominate one ruin in my deployment area, increase cover save by 1 for game

DreadKinght: Hammerhand, Dark Excommunication, Force Weapon

Dark Excommunication: either assault phase, enemy unit in base contact deamon gifts cease to work till end of phase

Stormraven and Rhino: Fortitude

Own movement phase, crew shaken and crew stunned results already on the vehicle are nullified

Servo Skull:

Treated like counter, placed on battlefield after deployment areas have been determined, but before any forces are deployed. Placed anywhere on the battlefield outside the enemy’s deployment zone. Infiltrators cannot set up within 12”, enemy scouts cannot use their pregame move to approach to within 12” of one. Friendly unit arriving by deepstrike rolls one D6 less for scatter if it aims to arrive within 12”, likewise friendly blast tempplates placed within 12” roll one D6 less for scatter.

RCDragon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed May 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Looks good to me.

Good luck again! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed May 25, 2011 7:50 pm

I'd probably try and use the wording in the codex a little more closely, since people are so difficult about wording these days.

Such as with sanctuary, Sanctuary: start of enemy assault phase: all units assaulting GK units within 12’ count as assaulting through (into) difficult and dangerous terrain.

Probably would also recommend just a list of what each psychic power does, then maybe a list down the bottom saying what your units have.

Also keep in mind grand strategy can work on more units than those, obviously GKT and GKSS don't need the troop buff, but the other buffs they might if your army contains them.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by RCDragon Mon May 30, 2011 9:22 pm

forgot the camera...but that happens...did have a great time at the slaughter...
Now for a wrap up...five game GT as normal...the group had a great set up, but only 35 players...
six were greyknights...me and my son played GK...I played a total GK army and Kris played Cortez, six troops of henchmen, vindicare and 4 paladins and 1 librarian and techmarine

All of the greyknight players placed below the top 20% from what I remember...
I placed about middle maybe a little higher...
Had five great games...Necrons, Nids, Darkeldar, nids, darkeldar
Necrons...Killpoint game...massacre, he was a new player, gave me the board for two rounds and I moved across and held it...when he finally showed up I was on top of his destroyers and killed them, when the lord and warriors showed up i jumped on them and killed them, he was one model away from phasing out...necrons and close combat with powerweapons is always a bad day for the necrons
Nids...objective game....major loss...nids were able to jump right on the three objectives, start collecting points...by the time I could contest the points it was too late...force weapons are your friends against big ugly Tyrants and tervigon, but you have to get through all the other models to get to them...was able to wipe out a 20 gargoyle brood with my five paladins...over and over the paladins proved there worth
dont foot slog your way across the board, use deep strike and get as close as you can...I took anvil for this but only got one additional unit
Evil or Very Mad
third game darkeldar...ok I got wiped out, totally boarded, 10 years of playing and the second time I can remember being boarded...he had a shooty army from hell, 18 dark lances, and five venoms with twin splinter cannons, three raiders, three ravager...to say i played this bad is a gross understatement...another objective game, find them, keep them...don't rush a castled position...don't give them any targets...I charged right at him, feed him my groups one at a time, and then foot sloged it across the board...better to hold what ever you can in reserve and deep strike behind his lines or on top of the objective late in game to contest or take it...
game four...nids for the second round...well I was able to pull a major victory against a slightly hung over Reese...I was able to castle all my major victory points...put them in a building, reenforced it with the techmarine and then stuffed it with purifiers and strike squad, I was daring him to rush me...I held in reserve my terms, deep striked them right on top of his castle, at the same time charging him with my dreadknight and my stormraven full of paladins and the lib...was able to kill trygon with forceweapons...paladins were wiped out to a man by genstealers 15 and 8 ymgarl...they rushed me, I could not use quicksilver....as it stopped at the end of my turn...and he stopped my sanctuary with shadow, since I was able to rush him with the terms and kill his zoeys and the trygon...bless us for grenades...then I was able to use the heavy psy cannon on the dreadknight and shoot the Ymgarl with the stormraven all weapons....I was able to obtain the major victory...best moment, charged by 15 genstealers in to the building with the purifiers...they cleansing flamed them, dropping 6, then hit them with all power weapons with counter charge (took that for this mission from GM shield of blades cheers ... all dead without a hit back...
fifth and final mission...dark eldar for the second time...well I put two units in my reenforced building the techmarine and the purifiers in their Rhino...then deepstriked everything...well I made the mistake of deepstriking the stormraven, yes it can deepstrike, and walking in from reserve the dreadknight, should have swithed them...deepstruck the stormraven it scattered 9, but ended up right behind the darkeldar raider with the incubi...also deep striked the strike squad behind the eldar, and then deep striked the terms in another part of the board close to another group of vehicles...best to deprive the darkeldar of targets, then give them as many as you can...remember open topped vehicles can and do blow up from bolter shots...at 10 armor you can glance and roll a six, bringing to a five with the bonus from opentop...
also psy cannons are death to 10 armor vehicles, take as many as you can, I didnt take enough...again the librarian was the stand out in the game, with four powers, quicksilver, sanctuary (the best power for defense) might of titan and smite...I was able to use all of them over the course of five games and have the flexiblity to do it when I needed to. Must have, BANNERS...also I think I messed up not taking an apothecary...the extra saves verus normal shooting attacks was sorely missed.
Overall great time...son took sportmans award and had a great time playing a totally off the wall inquisitor army.
Points to note...Grandmaster and Librarian completment each other well, the grand strategy really adds....think you need to figure out how to take three troop units at a minimum...also purifiers are fearless sunny you only need one to cleansing flame someone...

RCDragon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon May 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Awesome report Brother! Glad to hear you and Kris had a swell time. And thanks for all the "lessons learned" tips Very Happy

Just a few questions:
- how did your SR do as far as survivability is concerned?
- did your techmarine use the OS? And was it effective?
- how did the vindicare do for Kris?
- you mentioned the other GK players placed bottom 20%...what was their builds? were they just bad players? how do you think our new codex is as far as competitiveness is concerned?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue May 31, 2011 3:34 am

I think below the top 20% means, somewhere in the 1-80% mark, not all below the 20% mark.
Interesting batreps, the one thing I always hear is that its never worth DSing a SR, again and again from competitive players Razz

Some interesting stuff to take away there, obviously DE can be quite nasty! I've heard alot of Nid players majorly destroyed by purifiers though, almost to the extent that it makes you wonder if CF will be nerfed.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 am

I hope Cleansing Flame doesn't get hit with a nerf bat. Had a great game in the local store over the weekend where my 5 Purifiers and OX =][= got charged by a 10 Genestealers. The guy was rubbing his hands because they were I7 on the charge.

Needless to say he wasn't too pleased when Cleansing Flame killed 7 of them, and the other 3 failed their Initiative test and managed to kill each other because my =][= was carrying Psychotroke grenades!
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content