Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1185 skirmish vs Tyranids

5 posters

Go down

1185 skirmish vs Tyranids Empty 1185 skirmish vs Tyranids

Post by rpricew Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm

So I played a skirmish game for playtesting the other night:

1185 points (approximate)

Tyranids:

HQ:
Primes with Dual Boneswords & TS - 100
Primes with Dual Boneswords & TS - 100

Troops:
(30) Devilgants - 300
(30) Hormagaunts AG/TS - 300
(19+1) Genestealers + Broodlord w/AG - 386

Total: 1186 (82 Models)

Grey Knights:
HQ:
Lord Kaldor Draigo - 275
Librarian - Halberd, (Might of Titan, Quickening, Sanctuary) - 170

Troops (Draigo makes Paladins troops)
(10) Paladins - 740

Paladin #1: Force Sword
Paladin #2: (MC) Force Sword
Paladin #3: Apothecary, Halberd
Paladin #4: (MC) Demon Hammer
Paladin #5: Falchions
Paladin #9 (MC) Falchions
Paladin #6: Nemesis Warding Stave
Paladin #7: Brotherhood Banner
Paladin #8: Psycannon, Halberd
Paladin #10: Psycannon, (MC) Halberd

Total: 1185 (12 models)

So we deployed on a 3x4 coffee table long ways.

Tyranids deployed 12" from their table edge with the Hormagaunts in front followed with the Genestealers + BL, then devilgants with the Primes in the back. They literally went from one edge to the other across the board.

Grey Knights deployed 10" from their table edge in a line with the Librarian and Draigo joined to the unit of paladins.

Tyranids Turn 1:
Tyranids won the roll off and moved all units forward. Hormagaunts run 6" and the Genestealers run 6". Devilgants run 3" and the Primes run 4" but just moved up behind the Devilgants.

Grey Knights Turn 1:
Paladins and HQs move back 4" and shoot Storm Bolters and Psycannons at the Hormagaunt line killing 16.

Tyranid Turn 2:
Hormagaunts, Genestealers, Devilgants and Primes move forward. Hormogaunts run 6, Genestealers run 3 and Devilgants/Primes move up 4. Devilgants shoot at squad- 90 shots causing 1 wound. Hormagaunts assault with remaining 14 and they all die in the charge causing zero wounds.

Grey Knights Turn 2:
Knights move up 6 and shoot into the Genestealers killing 6 and then assault into them killing a few more. Poor attack rolls and Psychic powers fail because of Shadows of the warp. Genestealers and Broodlord cause 2-3 wounds back.

Turn 3-4:
The Primes move up and get into base contact with one terminator (the banner holder and a NF Sword guy) On the 4 assault phases over the next two turns the Genestealers lose a couple of guys each round. The Broodlord causes two wound each round. The Primes instant kill a few guys and Finally Draigo get’s into base contact when all of the Genestealers are dead and we pile in and he Str 10 instant kills the Primes and Broodlord. Toughness 5 of the upgraded Tyranid Characters really increased their survivability.

Turn 5:
Draigo, Librarian and the Nemesis Warding Stave all have one wound left and are gunned down by the remaining 30 devilgants. Who pass their leadership check and move up to take the single objective in the middle of the board.

GG

rpricew
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

1185 skirmish vs Tyranids Empty Re: 1185 skirmish vs Tyranids

Post by NemesisForce Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Wow. Outnumbered outnumbered 7:1. How many Nids total do you reckon you took out? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how your troops performed.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rpricew Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I honestly don't think I played the GK's right.

I didn't roll for the extra attacks for the banner for a couple of rounds and I didn't roll for some of the FNP rolls either. I only used the Psychic powers in the 1st round and didn't penalize the Broodlord with the Aegis.

I honestly believe that played right the GK's could have taken out all of the Tyranids. We are planning a rematch now that we are more familiar with the rules. Keeping up with Wound Allocation is a real pain, but wow does it ever increase the survivability of this unit under these circumstances.

I killed 52 models

rpricew
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 am

Heh. With an army that small you definitely can't forget to use all the toys every turn.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 pm

used properly Gk are awsome against nids i played a 3 way game Gk v GK v Nids i killed 2 cornaves one with a 8 man purifier and the other with 10 GKSS my undoing was the other GK player had draigo with 7 paladins and a libby with 4 paladins
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyroa7xhavik Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Nice i have a Simular list but - the libby and usually play Tyranids so its nice seeing the kills pile up
Pyroa7xhavik
Pyroa7xhavik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 59
Army : Grey Knights , some Nids and SM
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:44 am

rpricew wrote:I honestly don't think I played the GK's right.

I didn't roll for the extra attacks for the banner for a couple of rounds and I didn't roll for some of the FNP rolls either. I only used the Psychic powers in the 1st round and didn't penalize the Broodlord with the Aegis.

I honestly believe that played right the GK's could have taken out all of the Tyranids. We are planning a rematch now that we are more familiar with the rules. Keeping up with Wound Allocation is a real pain, but wow does it ever increase the survivability of this unit under these circumstances.

I killed 52 models
This is why I always suggest GK players, especially new ones, make a checklist of things to remember such as special rules, wargear, reminders to use things like banners and hammerhand in CC(I'm constantly forgetting HH and it annoys me) etc Same for wound allocation, write out the list of unique models on a piece of paper and then mark wounds off on that, much easier than trying to put dice/markers on bases and such.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content