Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Terminus Decree: Are you ready to kill The Emperor?

+14
Valten
DonFer
fa11en
Brother Blutcher
brother captain sean
itsuperslug
DarkRonin
Kavanar
Aubec le noir
Macharius
Rivan
Souba
Constantine
Sai
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Terminus Decree: Are you ready to kill The Emperor? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Terminus Decree: Are you ready to kill The Emperor?

Post by DonFer Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 am

Not to mention that if the Emperor dies, the Golden Throne will stop working and the Webway it guards will split open, letting all those neat llittle daemons in .... wait... that's what the GKs will be there for. Stop the ultimate Daemon incursion on Tera. Mmmmh interesting...
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

The Terminus Decree: Are you ready to kill The Emperor? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Terminus Decree: Are you ready to kill The Emperor?

Post by brother captain sean Fri May 06, 2011 7:31 am

Now what if the emperor and malcador in their Devine wisdom and power had this all planned. What if they knew he would be mortally wounded in his battle with Horus and that malcador would not survive. The emperor knew he had to keep. The web way closed to prevent a massive incursion of daemons on terra, so he creates the grey knights a force to battle daemons. What if the terminus decree is the order to terminate the life support of the golden throne. The emperor final dies and can now be reborn, the web way opens and the daemons enter and invade terra. Wait the daemons come face to face with a force of grey knights! A battle breaks out and the daemons are banished back to the warp. The grey knights then are able to help and reinforce the web way from daemon incursions. Yes the astronomican and the emperors light is gone, but we now have access to a web way that now allows us to travel without entering the warp. Also the emperor is being reborn to lead the emporium into a new golden age without the need for warp travel. So the grey knights have now achieved the ultimate goal of their creation and we are no longer dependent on the warp for space travel.
brother captain sean
brother captain sean
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Fri May 06, 2011 7:36 am

Interesting idea, but the webway only goes to certain places. Areas of the Imperium without any webway gates would still be cut off from the rest of the universe.

As for the webway gate itself. It doesn't make any sense to have it on Earth and the Grey Knights on Titan, unless the webway gate is actually being guarded by the Purifiers?
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri May 06, 2011 8:00 am

The webway isn't exactly like that, as Valten said its limited to an already existing system that has been heavily damaged by time and daemonic incursion.

If the golden throne really is a portal that when it fails allows daemons to enter earth then I am pretty sure the GK could enlist the aid of the Eldar to plug that hole, afterall the eldar are experts with the webway and their seers close portals all the time, particularly to stop daemons.
In fact it doesn't really make sense that a webway portal would be infested by daemons since the Eldar go out of their way to stop this happening since they still actively use the WW.

What is possible is that the Emperor was figuring out how to rebuild, repair and expand the webway.
Also in the TSons novel Magnus and the Emperor talk about a golden force, that isn't the warp, that may be the webway, but it could be other possible things too? Perhaps an uncorrupted power within the warp that isn't daemonic.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Fri May 06, 2011 8:09 am

The Eldar may still use the webway but they don't have access to nearly as much as they used to, what with the birth of Slaanesh, and the passing of time decaying parts of the webway.

I've always thought of the webway as a labyrinth with millions of doors (portals) to other places, and at the centre of this is the Black Library itself. With that in mind if the Emperor found a way to access the webway it is highly likely that this would access an unused / decaying / daemon infested part of the labyrinth.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by brother captain sean Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 am

In visions of the heresy the reason the emperor left the crusade was to develop something that would free the emperium from dependency on te warp for travel. It is suggested he is creating his own web way similar to the eldars. The golden throne was supposed to be for Magnus and it was conected to his web way. The problem is that when Magnus sent the psychic message to the emperor he shattered all of the protective wards. Which we find out in thousand sons, with those wards destroyed the daemons now were able to enter the emperial web way. Now in vision the emperor sent the custodes and the silent sisters to do battle withte daemons in the web way while he kept the entrance sealed through the use of the golden throne. Now whose to say that what the purifiers are protecting isn't also connected to the terminus decree???? Maybe the emperor had portal already established throughout the emporium. Also the golden throne isn't a portal to the web way I think of it as more like the key that opens the door.
brother captain sean
brother captain sean
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri May 06, 2011 11:51 am

For what I recall, the Emperor had been working on a great project that will allow humankind to space travel without jumping into the Warp (which is why the Emperor retreated form the Great Crusade and passed control of his legions to Horus). This was to be his ultimate gift to mankind. He was supposed to sit on the Golden throne and guide Humankind from there (although I doubt his plan was to be a rotten carcass for 10K years).
When the Heresy broke, Empy was conducting a major overhaul to the Webway tunnels, and encountered many daemons in doing so. But Magnus blew it all up, trying to warn Empy that Horus had turned to the Dark Side (sending a powerful spell to warn Empy, only shattered the already fragile structure of the webway). Well you all know the rest. Malcador kept the webway shut, and killed himself in the process and blah, blah, blah. Very Happy

So yes, the Golden Throne, besides giving life to the Emperor, guards (and I'd say controls) the only entrance to the Webway in the Sol System.

At least that's is what I recall from reading Horus Heresy: Collected Visions.

So if the Golden Throne was to fail (which will eventually do), a major Daemon incursion will take place. Thus if the GKs pull the Plug on the Golden Throne, they are fit to stop the Incursion as long as it's needed for the Emperor to return in its full Glory.... or not since it is after all a Grim Dark Future.

EDIT: You pretty much said it all Brother Sean
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Macharius Fri May 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Daemons are not the issue. It is Exekyle Abbaddon that is the real problem!
Macharius
Macharius
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 40
Army : Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Tyrnaids, Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Black Templar
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat May 07, 2011 1:16 am

what the hell is that ??? Shocked Shocked
exekyle ??
Aubec very curious bounce scratch Cool
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarka Sat May 07, 2011 6:29 am

While I'm still reading through the heresy novels and the lexicanum, I'm no source of info or theories, but I would love to know if there will ever be a finish to the 40k story? Will we ever get anything from the black library that explains the finale of the story?

I'd be happy to still play my tau if they all die in the end, and I'd still be happy to play my knights and marines if the emperor chokes and humanity dies hahaha!

But there's such a MASSIVE range of possibilities, I think games workshop could make a killing (player interest and money-wise) if they allowed an 'endtimes' series of novels to be made. You know, orks war banding together galaxy-wide, emperor possibly coming back, tyranids launching a force that makes maccrage laughable, etc etc.
Hell, even an apocalypse-style expansion that allowed the primarchs to come and show who's boss haha (I'm dreaming arent I?)

Always wondered whether we'll be stuck with just this (huge) piece of storyline, or if they'll ever expand? (please!)
Rarka
Rarka
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 83
Army : Crimson Fists, Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat May 07, 2011 6:32 am

Aubec le noir wrote:what the hell is that ??? Shocked Shocked
exekyle ??
Aubec very curious bounce scratch Cool

I think he means Ezekiel.
Which is Abaddons first name (if i recall correctly)

And he normally is a problem.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat May 07, 2011 8:48 am

Rarka wrote:While I'm still reading through the heresy novels and the lexicanum, I'm no source of info or theories, but I would love to know if there will ever be a finish to the 40k story? Will we ever get anything from the black library that explains the finale of the story?

I'd be happy to still play my tau if they all die in the end, and I'd still be happy to play my knights and marines if the emperor chokes and humanity dies hahaha!

But there's such a MASSIVE range of possibilities, I think games workshop could make a killing (player interest and money-wise) if they allowed an 'endtimes' series of novels to be made. You know, orks war banding together galaxy-wide, emperor possibly coming back, tyranids launching a force that makes maccrage laughable, etc etc.
Hell, even an apocalypse-style expansion that allowed the primarchs to come and show who's boss haha (I'm dreaming arent I?)

Always wondered whether we'll be stuck with just this (huge) piece of storyline, or if they'll ever expand? (please!)

I think that they WILL eventually complete the story for us. We have the present and past being represented, so why not the future.
The potential revenue of releasing an end of times expansion is too huge for GW to ignore.
So even though I think your visions will come true, I believe that it will still be quite some time until they do.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Macharius Sat May 07, 2011 9:22 am

The Auto spell on my phone changed it ex not ez like it should have been. And to answer the question of will there be an end to 40k! No there won't ever be from a Gw and BL stand point. It is played out how you and your friends want to do it. They have given us the info of this is how bad things are. Each person and player can play out the future and make history in their own minds and games!
Macharius
Macharius
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Army : Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Tyrnaids, Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Black Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat May 07, 2011 10:13 am

Macharius wrote:The Auto spell on my phone changed it ex not ez like it should have been. And to answer the question of will there be an end to 40k! No there won't ever be from a Gw and BL stand point. It is played out how you and your friends want to do it. They have given us the info of this is how bad things are. Each person and player can play out the future and make history in their own minds and games!

I agree that we have A LOT of artistic freedom with 40K, BUT......... GW is in charge of the "real" outcomes, and I still strongly believe that they will have complete control over how things "end".

I don't think that "end" means the Emperor comes back kills the chaos gods...THE END, but more like here is the end of times expansion, here are a bunch of new releases and rules that are must haves, like primarch minis, Emperor minis, Chaos minis etc....... AND here is a whole new line of BL novels, etc...

As I said above, Money makes the 40K universe go round Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Macharius Sat May 07, 2011 5:35 pm

I know what. You mean. But GW won't be making any models of the Emperor or any of the primarchs. I have friends in other countries that work for GW head office. And I have spoken to both our local managers about it and from personally working in a independent retail store, they both have said it ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN! Plus with 22.3 million players world wide and growing. They really don't need to do any thing to make money because what they have now makes them more than enough. Yeah it would be nice to see another expansion. But I can't forsee it happening to soon. By the way all games played after the Eye of Terror Campaign are in the end times which is M42 and currently we are halfway through it.
Macharius
Macharius
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat May 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Macharius wrote:I know what. You mean. But GW won't be making any models of the Emperor or any of the primarchs. I have friends in other countries that work for GW head office. And I have spoken to both our local managers about it and from personally working in a independent retail store, they both have said it ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN! Plus with 22.3 million players world wide and growing. They really don't need to do any thing to make money because what they have now makes them more than enough. Yeah it would be nice to see another expansion. But I can't forsee it happening to soon. By the way all games played after the Eye of Terror Campaign are in the end times which is M42 and currently we are halfway through it.

Making more than enough money?.......Doesn't really sound like the capitalist ideals that GW has become known for to me Razz.
I'm still going to say that there will be more to come in regards to the end of times
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Yeah it's called 50K lol!
GMKDynamis
GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 am

GMKDynamis wrote:Yeah it's called 50K lol!
we've got time though, we're only in 41K ! Wink Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2