New Dex Q&A

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Dex Q&A

Post by NemesisForce on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 pm

It's ok, now that I re-read it the question was badly constructed in my excitement. Can you remember the prices for the psycannons and 'cinnies for Strike, Purifier and GKT squads?

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 pm

@NF: GKSS - same as the cost of the old anointed weapon
Purifier - same as the old incense
GKT - not sure but I think its the same as the old icon of the just Wink these are all for p cannons.

'cinnies: free for purifiers, a little bit less or half the p-cannon for GKSS and same for the GKT's (I think, not 100% but most likely correct)

Hmmm, I read the leaked codex again and that was a bad idea since the costs there are different from how I remember it from reading the codex. I'm a little confused now w/ the actual costs of the weapon upgrades scratch

I apologize but I'll have re-verify some of the upgrade costs Embarassed

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Too much input. Too much input. Cannot compute...system overload... I hear ya Rivan. Smile Well, you just better have that info for me by tomorrow this time or I'll stamp my feet and whine like an anti-GK dex cheese-caller. Razz

I'm really p'd that the GW that used to be 5 minutes away closed down. The only GW left here is farther away and I'm sure the dex has already been oblitered by eager, sweaty hands as all of the local area now congregates there since 3 of the 4 stores shut their doors.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I hear ya. I drove 65 miles one way today just to see the codex and the sprues. Gosh, I'm such a nerd Razz

But my army was also put on display in one of their cases so I didn't mind Razz

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:14 pm

My God! You mean they're actually displaying those sub-par metal models when they have the tons of upcoming plastics to sell? Kidding aside, that's pretty cool. If anything can get people pumped about GK it would be flipping through the new dex and drooling over your superbly painted army.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks Razz I'll actually be going to the store again on Saturday. I'll actually be spending a few hours there so I'll probably sit down and actually write stuff down using making lists as an excuse heh heh Very Happy

Edit: Wanted to add this from B&C (courtesy of Hero)

Ho ho ho, big change to Mordrak and the Ghost Knights.

Ghost Knights are now optional, and if you take them, Mordrak is a upgrade character, so you can't pick him out.
They
are now also 1-5 and costs the same as regular Termies and can't take
Psycannons so they're garbage. They still have Stealth, but it isn't
under their special rules (fail).

But.. this also means Mordrak
and any unit he joins (cause he's an IC) can DS on 1st turn and do not
scatter. 10 Paladins + Libby + Mordrak on the enemy flank, ready set
go! I read this over like 40 times, it specifically states: "Mordrak
and any unit he joins.."

That unit can also be effected by Grand Strategy because Mordrak's Ghost Knights are the only ones that can't be effected.

Mordrak is now a very attractive choice IMHO Very Happy

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Hmm, so excited! I dont even know what questions to ask.

Oh! Empyran brain mines! Are they in? And if so, what do they freaking do? Stats on the Assasins (still WS8?) and are their any dedicated transports aside from the Rhinos/razborbacks? So exciting Very Happy

And tell me about the art in the book when you get a chance! I can't wait! And how many lore pages we get Very Happy

Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:18 am

we have more types of grenades than any codex ever. We have a whole section dedicated to grenades. Brain mines make a model in base to base take some characteristic test or not attack.

Jokero all have digital weapons and poor stats, as mentioned (think Tau fire warrior) but they all can use their wweapons as either lascannons or multimeltas, so theres that.

The inquisitional troops seem to have the generic abilities "taking one of us gets you THIS, taking more of us doesnt add more things, but improves that one thing" So taking psykers is like in the gaurd codex, jokero have a DE drug like ability and more gives bonuses to what you roll on their chart, etc.

Book is a solid size, and well made.

two FA is correct, and we're spoiled for heavies again

Vehicles all can take psychic tests to ignore shaken/stunned, and take take an upgrade allowing them to be "summoned" (teleported)

Both all flamers and all bolter weaponary can get +1S from upgrade.

we also get a tech marine that can get conversion beamer and is still grey knight like, and terminators with apothecary for FNP

Exiting news for people who want to play all termies - Termies are troops, as known. An HQ can make D3 non troops squads (other termies/dreadknights/etc) scoring, or other abilities. Also, there is wargear that makes ALL ENEMY PLASMA WITHIN 12" BS1. Thats right, no more rapid fire plasma to death. And with your basic Force Sword making a termies invun 4+, and some two wound FNP termies running around, it's a really tough army to beat, much less when it can all deep strike/get summoned/get there really fast.

Hammerhand is a psy power that grants +1S. Theres another Psy power that grants +1 S. Combining this with rad grenades means T4 models now get wounded by 2+ and are subject to instadeath. Something to think about using against multiwound t, instead of just doing the Force weapon test.

My general opinion is that purifier squads with incinerators and a couple halberds WRECK most hordes. Terminators are unprecedently tough with the basic guy. Our vehicles will almost never be shaken/stunned, so we'll keep alot of firepower. We are still light on anti-tank. We can get some s7 from purgitation squads (about 16 s7 shots for somewhere around 180 points), but its competing with heavy slots, and theres not alot of s8+. Luckily teleporting troops and Dreadknights and the like mean you get there with some CC anti tank fast, but if your planning on shooting tanks that are over armor 12 from afar (or shooting a bunch of different tanks) your going to have to work at it.

Last edited by MJSwasey on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 am

Alright, what about stormbolters D:? Extra attack still? Please?

And holocaust is +1 strength? I thought it was just might of titan/hammer hand. I love all these new grenades; who can take what though? I want to give everyone Brain mines XD

Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slind on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:20 am

Holocaust is +1S ??? What the.... normally Holocaust is a critter-control ability (and was so in the leaked dex). Now is Holocaust then commulative with Hammerhand?

Slind
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Daemonhunters, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:02 am

Holocaust is a power available to paladins: range 12" S5 large blast (can't remember AP).

The characteristic test for brain mines is Initiative. I believe only HQ's can have it.

Edit (addition):

Assassins are still WS8 and I7.

Rhinos/razorbacks are the only DT for GK's that I saw.

SB DONT give an extra attack. Your GKSS have base 1 attack, purifiers and GKT have base 2. That's where you give some of them nemesis falchions for +1 A Very Happy

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:30 am

ah .... falchions !! cheers cheers
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah it was a mistype - hammerhand is +1S.

Sorry guys, in my excitement my fingers were tripping all over each other.

Knocking us down to 1 attack base was the ONLY was they coud justify giving everyone force weapons.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 am

...and the knocking down of strength and weapon skill...

Can someone check the price of the Paladin apothecary upgrade. Sure hope it's not the ridiculous 70 points it was in the leaked dex. Also, are Iron Halos still in?

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 am

If we have Iron Halo's, that would be great, but I'll probably call them Icons of the Just. I feel it should be called something else just because Grey Knights are so much more awesome then SM.

Can someone else also check out if whether or not our Dreads can use Incinerators? According to the leak, the only option was a Twin-linked heavy flamer for the weapon arm.

DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:48 am

yes it would be a pity if our dreads can't use 'cinnies
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:36 am

NemesisForce wrote:...and the knocking down of strength and weapon skill...

Can someone check the price of the Paladin apothecary upgrade. Sure hope it's not the ridiculous 70 points it was in the leaked dex. Also, are Iron Halos still in?
The apothecary is insanely expensive, 55 points for the paladin and 75 points for apothecary upgrade...
That means you have a 130 points apothecary running around......

Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 683
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:16 am

I believe Grimhack is correct w/ the apothecary upgrade Sad

No incinerator option for dreads but a heavy flamer w/ psiflame upgrade is basically the same thing.

Pretty sure iron halos are still there.

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 am

Yes but do we have the flamer under the DCCW?

DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:39 am

DarkRonin wrote:Yes but do we have the flamer under the DCCW?

Hmmm, not sure on that. I will read it again tomorrow.

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Damned! I went to a hobby center today! The manager was working on the NDK... awesome!
I saw the assembled Termies... awesome too!
And the Dex! Great quality! An amazing picture of a great Brotherhood fighting swarms of demons in the middle of a thik book!!!!

The manager told it was a really achived dex and that some of its aspects were just "upseting" for ennemies!!!!
Hehe! The Imperium has unleashed it's true heroes!
Sorry Brothers, I had few time, and was really stunned by the quality of the book and pictures, so I didn't registered much about the stats...!

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 pm

WTF! They actually increased the price on the Apothecary upgrade?! The freakin' BA priest guy is 50 points and he gives FNP AND Furious Charge to ALL units within 6". And he still has a gun to shoot to boot. Add the fact too that he's an actual extra model as well, not just an upgrade. Man, this really burns my ass. Pleas tell me the 75 point upgrade has more rules to it than just FNP.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Sadly no. 75 pts just gives FNP. That's it for a freakin' 130 pt model Evil or Very Mad

I will most probably be running normal GKT's w/ banner. Maybe even 2 squads of them since they're troops anyway.

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Rivan wrote:@NF: GKSS - same as the cost of the old anointed weapon
Purifier - same as the old incense
GKT - not sure but I think its the same as the old icon of the just Wink these are all for p cannons.

'cinnies: free for purifiers, a little bit less or half the p-cannon for GKSS and same for the GKT's (I think, not 100% but most likely correct)

Hmmm, I read the leaked codex again and that was a bad idea since the costs there are different from how I remember it from reading the codex. I'm a little confused now w/ the actual costs of the weapon upgrades scratch

I apologize but I'll have re-verify some of the upgrade costs Embarassed

OK, got it a bit reversed:
P-cannons: GKSS/Purifier - same as old bionics; GKT - same as old icon
'cinnies: GKSS - same as anointed weapon; Purifier - free; GKT - either old PA or AA cost (?)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:15 pm

It's pretty much what the Leaked Codex said

DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: