Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!!

+30
rogueuk
GMKDynamis
Grimhack
Brother Ezekiel
MJSwasey
Zealadin
Driz1
itsuperslug
Slind
DarkRonin
Primarch
Sai
Brother Blutcher
raven925
DonFer
Aurellian
Aubec le noir
Souba
Border
elugin
Nygo
da master
Valten
NemesisForce
Constantine
Rivan
hardrainfalling
n00bk1ng
madbakery
Krazy Bob
34 posters

:: Community

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Post by Krazy Bob Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Wow!!! Now that is one hell of a model!! I'm just...yeah

If u don't like the dreadknight just buy a transformer (everyone loves transformers), say the GK is inside job done lol good times
Krazy Bob
Krazy Bob
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 81
Army : Grey Knights; Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:35 pm

I was reading the write up on Draigo on the GW site and it says he is cursed to live in the warp for all eternity?............. What do you guys know about this?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Woooohooo!!!! finally! Models look great and the best thing of all, you'll get everything you need in one box! Hello bitz and conversions!

I hope they also release Castellan Crowe, Stern and the other Inquisitors!

GK FTW!!!!!

For the Emperor Brothers!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Constantine wrote:LOL!!! Very Happy

I know what you are getting at, but I still don't think that I agree with you there Brother.
If you look closely at Dreads, the same argument could be made......

Perhaps you will be able to whip up an AMAZING scratchbuilt DK!?

Thats intresting, because as soon as i got word of what the DK looked like i decided to build my very own. I might have to put some pics up and see what you guys think.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm

raven925 wrote:
Constantine wrote:LOL!!! Very Happy

I know what you are getting at, but I still don't think that I agree with you there Brother.
If you look closely at Dreads, the same argument could be made......

Perhaps you will be able to whip up an AMAZING scratchbuilt DK!?

Thats intresting, because as soon as i got word of what the DK looked like i decided to build my very own. I might have to put some pics up and see what you guys think.

We love to see pics of projects!!! For sure post some for us!
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazy Bob Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Deffinetely, I'd love to see your take on the Dread Knight Brother Raven!

The Inquisition has asked for pictures....if you refuse you may be treated as a heretic lol

Is it finished or WIP?
Krazy Bob
Krazy Bob
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 81
Army : Grey Knights; Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 pm

cheers YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! bounce

I love that new GK !!! Damned I can't stand to have the Dex in my hands, and to open the boxes too Very Happy

Thank You, God Emperor, we will stand against Your Eternal Enemies, as You are in us, You, our Creator,
And we shall bring Your rightous Fury to those who turned from Your Holly Path!

cheers
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I was reading the write up on Draigo on the GW site and it says he is cursed to live in the warp for all eternity?............. What do you guys know about this?

He was pulled into a warp rift by a greater daemon he had skewered. He wanders the warp looking for rifts so he can pop out and save the day. When the rifts close he's sucked back into the warp.

Basically he wanders the netherworlds doing good. Like Caine from Kung Fu.

Do you think the dreadknight might be better with a dreadnought body thrown on in some way? It would avoid the whole baby carrier thing.. It makes sense fluffwise: a dreadknight pilot should be able to use his skills after being mortally wounded- quite likely considering his position on the original machine.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 pm

@ Sai: One of our Brothers once suggested a FW Dread Sarcophagus, witch could be a Great idea... depending on size of models! cheers
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Krazy Bob wrote:Deffinetely, I'd love to see your take on the Dread Knight Brother Raven!

The Inquisition has asked for pictures....if you refuse you may be treated as a heretic lol

Is it finished or WIP?

As of now, its a WIP but id like to get it finished before the official release. I just need to fit the GK into the cockpit and then it should be good.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Sai wrote:
He was pulled into a warp rift by a greater daemon he had skewered. He wanders the warp looking for rifts so he can pop out and save the day. When the rifts close he's sucked back into the warp.
Basically he wanders the netherworlds doing good. Like Caine from Kung Fu.
Do you think the dreadknight might be better with a dreadnought body thrown on in some way? It would avoid the whole baby carrier thing.. It makes sense fluffwise: a dreadknight pilot should be able to use his skills after being mortally wounded- quite likely considering his position on the original machine.

Thank you for the info Brother! That sounds really cool......... Kinda seems a little difficult to build a force a force around..........Is he seen as a surprise to the GKs when he shows up, much like the Sanguinor is to the BAs. Or is he banished to the warp along with his men?

I must admit that if I was a GK on a battle field and Draigo showed up I would be thinking that we were in for one hell of a fight if it is worthy of pulling Draigo out of the warp for Twisted Evil

In regards to the Dread body on the DK...................... scratch

I think that it could definitely be done with the new kits........The thing that you want to avoid is the promotion of GKs being entombed in Dreads and focus more on exo-armour......Kinda like crisis suits. If your conversion could reflect that then I think it would be fine....... But unless the fluff has changed, GKs do not want to continue to fight as a Dread after they have been mortally wounded, they want to be laid to rest on Titan and rise to fight at the Emperor's side at the end of days.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 pm

But unless the fluff has changed, GKs do not want to continue to fight as a Dread after they have been mortally wounded, they want to be laid to rest on Titan and rise to fight at the Emperor's side at the end of days.

This is very true, and probably why the dreadknight is only slightly more expensive than the dreadnought in the playtest codex. And seeing as I already have a couple of converted dreadnoughts, a third would be pushing it I think.
Besides, the model is far to big to fit my style of play. I enjoy a bit of hit and run- being that big doesn't allow you much cover. I'm going to spend more time working on killing dreadknights than playing them I think.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Sai wrote:
But unless the fluff has changed, GKs do not want to continue to fight as a Dread after they have been mortally wounded, they want to be laid to rest on Titan and rise to fight at the Emperor's side at the end of days.

This is very true, and probably why the dreadknight is only slightly more expensive than the dreadnought in the playtest codex. And seeing as I already have a couple of converted dreadnoughts, a third would be pushing it I think.
Besides, the model is far to big to fit my style of play. I enjoy a bit of hit and run- being that big doesn't allow you much cover. I'm going to spend more time working on killing dreadknights than playing them I think.

It is impressive that you are able to stick to what you invision your army to be and not get side tracked by shinny new things Razz
There is always the option of creating your own DK and having it not be as tall, or perhaps even repositioning the existing model into a lower profiled stance that allows to utilize cover more effectively.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:52 pm

There is always the option of creating your own DK and having it not be as tall, or perhaps even repositioning the existing model into a lower profiled stance that allows to utilize cover more effectively.

I've now got an image in my head of a commando crawling dreadknight with a pilot really wishing he had worn his helmet.

I've been considering the same thing with the stormraven. If I were to get one I'd maybe want to shorten the base height.
When a skimmer is shot at it's measured to the model- does this also count with the storm raven on it's higher base? If I make the base 12" high would it never be shot by meltaguns, though be prone to falling over and smashing it's own wings off?
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm

LOL!!!!
I love the way we all think that helmetless GKs is rediculous!!!

Not sure about the SR question scratch I don't think it sounds very legit though
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Border Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Constantine wrote:LOL!!!!

Not sure about the SR question scratch I don't think it sounds very legit though

I was about to post the exact same message! Razz I concur brother.
Border
Border
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

http://www.kbanadyga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Border wrote:
Constantine wrote:LOL!!!!

I was about to post the exact same message! Razz I concur brother.

Great minds think alike I guess Wink
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Don't get me wrong, having a 12" base would make me a tool and if my opponant didn't kick me in the knackers on general principle I'd think less of them. I was just thinking that a landed stormraven is actually easier to get in range of than one on a flying base. The distance is probably negligible.

Until I go to shoot one, then it will be half an inch too far away.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm

With this logic, grounded SRs would definitely be "easier" to hit
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 pm

OMG PICS ON GW Website Shocked ....

NERDGASM Razz
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Constantine, as far as Draigo is concerned, fluff wise he doesn't seem playable at all. Anyway, when I look at him, I can't help but feel that GW was heavily inspired by Brother Primarch's own GM with a Storm Shield.

After seeing that the Justicar blister is now a Brotherhood Champion, I'm sure the new peeps will be wondering why I have B-Champs leading my squads while I have a converted Emperor's Champ acting as one. I find it pleasing that the noble Justicar is one of the few models left over from the metal range. Even if it goes by a different name now.

I did find it sad though that the GK Librarian will be using the old Terminator Librarian model for it. Could use conversion work.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Coteaz isn't on the site? I can't even seem to find him under the "Search" feature. Is he finally going to be sold as a single blister?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Perhaps he and his retinue have been redone and will be part of our second wave.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Not to be a Debbie downer, but the only thing i find really impressive is the Dreadknight. I like the new kits, dont get me wrong, but theres a few things that i just dont feel do them justice.

First, from looking at the models overall, i can tell that they are plastic. The termie bodies look a bit fat, as in a little too round. Also the collar looks a bit low, i can see the gap in between the helmet and collar, which make the helmet look really long. The older models are the same way but the collar sits up higher so it takes away from the helmet being so long.

Also, the forearms seem a little fat, like the modeler took an original arm and rapped a piece of green stuff around it and then painted it silver....

The PAGK's are a little better, but it seem they are a little bare. The helmat looks a little wide and less pointed at the tip. They remind me of some of the newer space marine helmets that were made to look like GK heads. The GK's with the robes look cool though. Im a little dispointed at the wrist mounted stormbolters, im not really digging the magazine sticking out like that. I dont know if thats the new psycannon or the psilencer but i think it looks butt ugly, i sure hope its not the new psycannon.

In all i think they're decent, but i think ill stick to my metal figures. I really like Draigo and i can see many people wanting him just for the storm shield. Along with that, the only thing i have to say anout the DK is i think the hammer is a little too short.

Thats the end of my 2 cents, what do you guys think.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

I agree that the collars on the Termies are a little too low, but that is easy enough to fix with GS and/or plasticard if it really bugs you.

I have a feeling that the psycannon/psilencer will grow on you, but I agree they are less impressive than the originals.

Draigo I think is AWESOME, WITH his helmet of course.

My main point of contention is the ammo clips on the PACK storm bolters.........those will not be going on my models for sure.

I am happy with the DK, but I think I will be working on reposing him, I have a pretty cool visual as to what I want for him Cool

I think that the librarian termi was a copout on GWs part. But with all of those cool new pieces I am sure non of us will have difficulty creating a cool Libby of our own.

I am REALLY curious if we will get a Chaplain with nemesis force claws in the second wave release scratch
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 pm

The closest thing to a chaplain for us according to the leak was a Brotherhood Champion which is represented by the Justicar model.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next