Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

merry Christmas !

+8
kenderleech
NemesisForce
Souba
Rivan
Aubec le noir
Dark Bjoern
Constantine
Brother Blutcher
12 posters

:: Community

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

merry Christmas ! - Page 2 Empty Re: merry Christmas !

Post by Klomster Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Fun that you all got models for xmas.

I didn't get any models, and i've never gotten models either in either xmas or birthday present.

But i guess it's alright, i do get alot of useful stuff, but it would be fun with something that i can game with. Neutral
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 pm

It seems that you´re also a bit tainted by the warp, you read my mind, Sorcerer.

No, Alpha Legion. We have people everywhere.

I thought of using defiler cannons but they seemed a little over the top. Night Lords are a lot more theatrical though so you could probably get away with it. I was going to use Imperial Guard weapon team ones, but I only had three and I'm thinking of mounting them on the shoulders of a dreadnought.

I didn't get any models, and i've never gotten models either in either xmas or birthday present.

Point out to people that you're having an early mid-life crisis and desperately want something fun to do at Christmas. I don't tend to get wargames stuff anymore, but I do get Lego. Sometimes Starwars Lego, though this year I got a medieval set with a working catapult. Last year I got a programmable lego robot. I've got it set up to patrol rooms and fire coloured balls at errant pets.

It doesn't matter who you are, how old you are, or if you've never had contact with Western Civilisation: stompy shooty robots are cool.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Sai wrote:Chaos (the daemons, not the renegades) is the reflection of the souls of humanity. To destroy Chaos, you would also have to destroy humanity, as the alien conclave suggested to Alpharius in Legion.

An alternative would be to take away mankind's free will and thus their fallibilities as the Ordo Hydra attempted.

Long story short: Chaos is eternal. Happily the Grey Knight's devotion is everlasting.

Actually thats not 100% correct.
All the psychic races are responsible for 'chaos'. Only Tau, Necrons (who all the other races were created to destroy) and Tyranids really escape this fact. Although even with nids its not 100% sure.
Its not 100% canon lore, but its pretty well supported that the old ones created the psychic races to combat the star gods and the necrons, their ancient nemesii, as their one weakness was psychic powers. The emotions of all these races reflected in the warp is what created the daemons. Before this time the warp was simply a plane of power used by the old ones, and was uncorrupted by the mortal races.
Some claim that the eldar gods were old ones, who have now been destroyed or captured by the chaos gods.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:37 am

Point out to people that you're having an early mid-life crisis and desperately want something fun to do at Christmas. I don't tend to get wargames stuff anymore, but I do get Lego. Sometimes Starwars Lego, though this year I got a medieval set with a working catapult. Last year I got a programmable lego robot. I've got it set up to patrol rooms and fire coloured balls at errant pets.

It doesn't matter who you are, how old you are, or if you've never had contact with Western Civilisation: stompy shooty robots are cool.

Lego?
That's awesome Razz

Last year i got a totally awesome desktop lamp to have when painting from my sister.
It's AWESOME, it has white light and a magnifying glass. So it's not that i don't get good stuff.

Mid life crisis? At 22...... well i did plan to get a wee bit older than 44 Razz

Seems like we all is going a bit of course from this greetings thread.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:58 am

Its not 100% canon lore, but its pretty well supported that the old ones created the psychic races to combat the star gods and the necrons, their ancient nemesii, as their one weakness was psychic powers. The emotions of all these races reflected in the warp is what created the daemons. Before this time the warp was simply a plane of power used by the old ones, and was uncorrupted by the mortal races.

That is 100% canon lore- it's in the Necron codex.

The only important addition is that humanity was not created for that war- humans were monkey beasts. The Eldar, Orks, Jokero and a bunch of others were, as you say, made into living weapons.
Humans weren't necessarily planned by the Old Ones to evolve and wipe out everyone else, they're an aberration. A chaotic one at that.

What would Jeff Goldblum say?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: "If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, expands to new territory, and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously. "

The warp reflects all life, including plants and animals, but they're entirely balanced, not possessing greed, wrath, gluttony, joy, love or any of those other 'free will' fallibilities. It's true, other races contribute towards chaos but it is humanity which contributes the most on account of being the most populous. Without humanity there would still be daemons, but the gods themselves would be much weaker. The only race close to mankind's numbers are the orks, and they exist in a slightly grey area as their gods are quite plainly alive and stomping. Unless Gork and Mork are aspects of Khorne. But they're just so... orky.

I got a desktop lamp from my sister too! But the mounting was made by the lowest bidder, so it's bust and hanging off the desk by it's power cord :-(
Un-awesome. Verging on bogus.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 am

Sad to hear about the mounting.
I would be so pissed.

As for gork and mork beeing aspects of khorne... well i just find it hard to steal khornes axe from yourself (gork and mork stole khornes axe once, i don't know if it is still canon, but it's still funny Razz)

And i think eldar is still a very important aspect for the powers of chaos.
Whom believes the most in slaneesh? Eldar. (Not as in worshipping him, but as in aknowledging him)

Oh, and we're going waaay off topic here. So i will stop from now on.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2