Cases and Bags info: what do you use? why?

:: Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cases and Bags info: what do you use? why?

Post by Steel on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello to all of you brothers!

Since Emperor-mas (the 25th of Dec) is close, my subsector commander (aka my mother) asked me what gift would i like to recieve from the vast depots of the chapter.

I'm actually looking forward to a good carry case / bag for my army, and so i found the Sabol and Battle Foam websites.
I had a deep insight of both websites and i was quite impressed by the huge differencies in prices: the Sabol bags costs a half or so respect to Battle Foam.
While i'm struggling to understand why this is so, i must admit i tend to like more those of Battle Foam...seems more...i don't know exactly how to say it...just better.

Anyway, i was wondering if i could ask for some suggestions and opinions from you!

What bags do you use?
Why?
What do you like and dislike of your bags?
What's your opinion of Sabol / Battle Foam bags and trays?

Thank you very much for your usual support and helpfullness Smile

Steel

P.S.
The website will get some updates very soon, i'll keep you posted in the relative thread

Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cases and Bags info: what do you use? why?

Post by Rivan on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:42 pm

I recently ordered custom-made foams and bags from BattleFoam and I LOVE them. I admit they are a little pricey but their quality is superb. I have one bag for my my GK army (up to 3000 pts) w/c includes slots for 3 LR types, 2 chimeras, 2 rhinos/razorbacks, 2 dreads and A LOT of infantry. Not to mention it holds all my dice, templates, tape measure, codex, etc. I used it during the last GT I attended and it was worth the money I paid for. I'm not familiar with the other company you mentioned so I can't make a fair comparison but I can say I'm very happy w/ Battlefoam Very Happy

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 pm

woot Rivan, thanks for your fast reply!
And LOL you answered my thread and i answered yours just at the same time Smile

Would you mind to tell me the model of the bag you got and the configuration in trays you selected?
I'm still a bit unconfortable about the extra 1/4'' of the base to add and i keep miscalculating the space i have / need

Cheers
Steel

Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 pm

I got the Pack 720. I have a total of 4 trays (3.5", 3.5", 2.0", 2.0"). If you include the .25" for each tray, it totals 12". The two 3.5" trays are deep enough for the tanks and dreads.

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Rivan wrote:The two 3.5" trays are deep enough for the tanks and dreads.
Oh that's a great news!
On the websites i always saw the LR fitted in the 4'' trays, so it's great to know i can save half a inch there Very Happy
Thank you for the details Rivan!

If anyone else would like to share his experience...

Thank you
Steel

Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:50 am

I use the GWS boxes atm.
They aren't all that easy to lug around, but work reasonably well.
I've heard the new monster case can have the older model foam trays put in, and work as a half infantry, half monsters/tanks box quite well.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 am

Hello Brother Zealadin and thanks for joining the discussion.

Yeah, i saw the monster case just yesterday, but with 3 LR and 1 Drop Pod, i'm missing space in there for anything and i'm not really amused by the idea of going around with 2-3 different cases... an "all in one" solution would be better, but thanks for your reply Smile

Cheers
Steel

Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:08 am

I could be wrong but I would assume you could JUST fit the 3 LRs and Drop Pod (if its not a forgeworld version) into a normal gaming case, meaning the other side of the monster case would be totally free for infantry models. (100+ spots isn't it).

Obviously I see the actual foam from the monster box being the biggest drawback since it might not allow you to easily place things side by side with foam between.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 am

mmm i'll surely take a look in that, thanks for the advice Smile

@ Rivan:
i saw the "custom loadout" option from battlefoam... are the "custom cut trays" included in this option?
i mean... the pack 720 custom loadout is something like 170$, if i decide to take 2 custom cut trays to fit the LR etc. is the price of the trays included in the 170$ or do i have to buy only "normal" trays?

thanks everyone
Steel

Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fa11en on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:15 am

I use the KR Multicase system. I like the modular nature of the bags. I have the Kaiser 2 bag, but have a total 5 different cardboard cases all with personal tray selections rather than any of the default sets. They also do some custom cut trays, but not to the extent of Battlefoam. For the price and quality I can't fault them.

My Grey knights all live in one of the card board cases and that includes 2 LR, 2 Dreads, some alternate vehicle weapon load outs, smoke/explosion markers, 5 objectives, 11 GKT, 36 PA GK & 10 IST. The only thing that doesn't fit is my most recent addition of 2 Rhinos for the IST.

fa11en
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 140
Army : Grey Knights, Daemons, Deathwing & Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 am

Nice and simple, We have to understand that our army is fearless and have true grit so those boxes will suffice. Plus that just saves more money to buy more logistics for our armies (like the new Codex, yeah!!!).
I believe my investment deserves a better way to protect them from damage, without having to look like your moving out of your domicile. I was lucky to get a GW official slightly used large case (6 foam trays) on a auction site and saved some money but I did find some free plastic containers that whould make transport easier. It took alot of time and customization but it panned out pretty well. I had the sabol carrying case but it only held three GK landraiders. The main bump on the road is with finding the right container for vehicles. Every army is different.

GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I was offered the GW army case ( over 200 figures one!) and still did not use it... but I will! Unfortunatly I don't often play.... Crying or Very sad

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Steel wrote:mmm i'll surely take a look in that, thanks for the advice Smile

@ Rivan:
i saw the "custom loadout" option from battlefoam... are the "custom cut trays" included in this option?
i mean... the pack 720 custom loadout is something like 170$, if i decide to take 2 custom cut trays to fit the LR etc. is the price of the trays included in the 170$ or do i have to buy only "normal" trays?

thanks everyone
Steel

Hmmm, not sure on that. When I ordered mine, Battlefoam was out of the Pack720 so I had to get the Pack720 bag (empty) from another website that they referred me to. But I did order the custom trays from Battlefoam.

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm

those battlefoam boxes look good

i use GW cases i have a big 6 tray and a small 3 tray personally i hate both of them for my GK i use the small cases for infantry and a shoe box i but in my back back for vechiles shoe boxes are the best i fit 2 LR, 3 rhinos, 1 chimera, 1 immolator and a dread in it

rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceasarian on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

From someone who used to use bubble wrap and an old art case I can realiably tell you how important it is to use a good army case. I currently have a Sabol Designs Motor Pool army case, which snuggly fits 3x Land Raiders and a few infantry models. However, space in the case is used up very quickly, and I unfortunatly need to carry a second case to fit my 2x rhino tanks and main rule book.
I have been on the fence about getting Battlefoam for some time now, and I know that I will be taking the Battlefoam plunge probaby come this spring. Battlefoam definatly has the best, if not one of the best products out there for model transport. Not only will the cases most definatly protect the models, there is a lifetime warrenty on their products, and for a few extra bucks you can personalize your army case, and even the trays for your models.

I hope this helps, and best of luck figuring out what to go for.
-Cease

Ceasarian
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

i might have to really think about battlefoam

a life time warranty you say.

rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top