Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three

3 posters

Go down

2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three Empty 2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three

Post by Xethik Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Hello there. I was thinking about putting a couple squads of Stormtroopers into my list for a couple reasons and then I thought that maybe I should just ally in Imperial Guard. Here is my base list:

Daemonhunters with Stormtroopers2000 Pts - Daemonhunters Army

1 Grey Knight Grand Master with NFW, Psycannon, and Psychic Hood(HQ) @ 404 Pts

4 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue with Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield, Psycannon @ [209] Pts

9 Grey Knights (Troops) with 2 Psycannons + Targeter @ 326 Pts

9 Grey Knights (Troops) with 2 Psycannons + Targeter @ 326 Pts

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers w/ Two Meltaguns (Troops) @ 200 Pts

1 Inquisitorial Chimera @ [90] Pts
Extra Armour; Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers w/ Two Meltaguns (Troops) @ 200 Pts

1 Inquisitorial Chimera @ [90] Pts
Extra Armour; Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer

1 Grey Knight Dreadnought (Heavy Support) w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Flamer, and Smoke Launchers @ 143 Pts

1 Grey Knight Dreadnought (Heavy Support) w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Flamer, and Smoke Launchers @ 143 Pts

1 Grey Knight Land Raider (Heavy Support) w/ Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers @ 258 Pts

So, if I swap in an Infantry Platoon, my list stays relatively the same, except for the Stormtrooper squads disappear and I add this instead.

Platoon Command Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns
Orders to use on other Guard Allies
Chimera w/ Hull Flamer

Infantry Platoon Squad
Chimera w/ Hull Flamer

Infantry Platoon Squad
Chimera w/ Hull Flamer

Heavy Weapons Team with 3 Autocannons

Adds up to 400 points, same as Stormtroopers. I lose BS 4 meltaguns and one meltagun and gain better Chimeras, an additional Chimera, a lot of body count, and 3 Autocannons.
The Infantry Platoons can lend their Chimeras to Power Armor Knights and hang back and hold objectives/not get killed hopefully.

This is one option. Another one is using 'Ard Boyz rules saying you can take Veterans with allies (which I could probably argue enough to use in a friendly game, not in a tournament). So, I would replace the Stormtroopers with

Veterans with 3 Meltaguns, 1 Autocannon, Demolition Charge, and Meltabombs
Chimera w/ Hull Flamer

Veterans with 3 Meltaguns, 1 Autocannon, Demolition Charge, and Meltabombs
Chimera w/ Hull Flamer

I also end up with 10 points, meaning Extra Armor on Dreads (or Master Crafted weapon if I drop extra armor on my Land Raider). I still have BS4 shots and I can take shotguns (not a huge bonus) in addition to having 2 more Meltaguns, meltabombs, and a demolition charge (Str 8, AP 2, 6" Range, Large Blast, one use only [Don't kill yourself with this]).

Which do you guys think is best? The Stormtoopers, Infantry Platoon, or Veterans. I was mainly taking Stormtroopers to deal with tanks, so that is why most of my wargear follows that trend. I only get in one game a week usually, so it will be a while before I get some nice playtesting of both in. What do you think would work the best?
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three Empty Re: 2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:56 am

there's something i don't understand on the GKT retinue : all 4 have SS/TH ? if yes i think you can't put the psycannon that replace the SB : so at least it's 3 SS/TH and 1 with NFW and psycannon
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three Empty Re: 2000 pt. Allies with Imperial Guard: Best of Three

Post by Xethik Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:50 am

Aubec le noir wrote:there's something i don't understand on the GKT retinue : all 4 have SS/TH ? if yes i think you can't put the psycannon that replace the SB : so at least it's 3 SS/TH and 1 with NFW and psycannon
Aubec pirat
Sorry, I should clarify. Only one has a Thunder Hammer Storm Shield, a different one has a psycannon, and the rest normal.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 am

I like the infantry platoon option because of the extra firepower and extra scoring unit. Of course you have a bit more KP to give up too.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking that the Infantry Platoon is the strongest. I'm not really trying to power-build THE best army list, but it was down to the two (really three, the Stormtrooper one is just... inferior) which I would be fond of playing both equally as much. Hopefully I'll try out one or the other tomorrow evening and I'll post on how it worked out.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down