Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First GT

+3
MJSwasey
Zealadin
Kyrox
7 posters

Go down

My First GT Empty My First GT

Post by Kyrox Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Like my dad mentioned in his thread, we attended the NEONCON GT in Vegas this weekend and it was a lot of fun. I definitely learned a lot and made new friends. Luckily for me, all my opponents were nice and pretty cool. Apologize for no pictures but we only had 1 camera and I forgot to use my phone to take pics.
This is the list I used:

HQ - Chaos Sorcerer, MoS, Lash
HQ - DP, MoT, wings, bolt, gift of chaos
EL - Dread, pc & cca
TR - 7 x plague marines (2 meltas; champion has pf); rhino w/ ea
TR - 7 x plague marines (2 meltas; champion has pf); rhiino w/ ea
TR - 7 x noise marines (6 sb, 1 bm); rhino w/ havoc launcher
FA - 5 x chaos bikes (1 melta, 1 plasma; champion has pf & icon of nurgle)
HS - defiler w/ battle cannon, 2 cca
HS - pred w/ all las
HS - pred w/ all las

First game - vs BA, dawn of war, kill points
He had a librarian, 2 s. priests, 20 marines in rhinos, 10 assault in a redeemer, 3 baal preds & 3 vindicators. His list was pretty intimidating but the game went well for me. My DP performed very well and killed 3 tanks in addition to other units Very Happy Victory.

Second game - vs CSM (Black Legion), pitched battle, hold table center
He had Abaddon, a greater daemon, 2 x 10 CSM in rhinos, 1 x 8 CSM, 2 x 8 lesser daemons, 2 x 3 oblits, land raider.
It was a very close game. It would have a been a draw at turn 5, I would have won at turn 6 but the game went to 7 and he won. I still loved this game because Abaddon charged my DP and did 8 wounds and I made 7 invuls! cheers On my turn, I gave him the gift of chaos and turned Abaddon into a chaos blob Razz Razz

Third game - vs DE, pitched battle, get as many KP into opponent's deployment zone
He had Lelith w/ 8 wyches & 1 succubus, 5 x 8 wyches & 1 succubus in raiders, 8 warriors w/ styrabite in a raider, 3 ravagers, 2 x reavers & 1 succubus.
There was almost nothing I could do to prevent him from getting into my deployment zone. He had too many fast moving vehicles Evil or Very Mad Lost.

Fourth game - vs CSM, pitched battle, 5 objectives
He had 2 DP, 10 chaos termies, 2 x 10 berzerkers in rhinos, 2 x 10 CSM in rhinos, 5 x lesser daemons, 1 vindicator
This was also a close game but he had almost double my number of troops and that determined the outcome. Lost.

Fifth game - vs IG, spearhead, kill points
My opponent had a lot of units (can't remember them all now) but he had a couple of ST squads, arbites squad, vanquisher, valkyrie and other infantry squads. He also had Yarrick.
I already knew my opponent since we met in the Anaheim tourney so we had a really fun game. I managed to get way more kill points that he couldn't keep up Razz Won.

Overall, I learned a lot and will probably alter my list somewhat. I think my list was soft compared to most of the lists I saw there. I also think I really need more troops. Also for next time, I'll make sure to prepare way ahead of time so I can get my army painted better. The good things is that I maxed out on composition and sportsmanship Very Happy

Kyrox
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Army : CSM
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

My First GT Empty Re: My First GT

Post by Zealadin Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Awesome stuff!
Versing the new DE would have been hard since no one has any idea what they are capable of right now!!!!

Definately a great result.

You should try working some normal daemons into your list, they are relatively cheap, and have massed attacks plus are fearless meaning a very hard to remove troop, even if you go to ground with them on a objective.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Grats on having a lot of fun and winning a few! GT's are great

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Well done, Kyrox.
I can imagine the look of your opponent when you turned his Abaddon into a Chaos spawn cheers
The new DE are very nasty. I think it will take some time till we will have a proper tactic against them. I found it quit interresting that your opponent played a wyches cult list.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 am

excellent result ... and i laughed reading Abaddon transformed in a wetting-his-pants-mindless blob which he already is anyway as a chaos spawn !! Razz Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 am

Well done. Your first tournie is always special if not a bit overwhelming. I can see by your post that you have a good attitude about it as well by having fun and using your losses as a learning experience. Keep it up. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:49 pm

So how many points did you get and what place did you land on?

And how much painting?

And congrats on a fun tourney, hope you paint you CSM better (ie, finish them, it was clear you didn't get the time you wanted on them) next time and learn to fight sportmansly, but furiously!

Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum