Latest GK rumours

:: Community

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Latest GK rumours

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Zealadin wrote:Fingers crossed for stuff arriving on Thursday!
The waiting is killing me because I wanna see if my most favourite army is still worth collecting.

I swear I've heard so many people saying how they are going to start collecting them its annoying!

Almost sure it's still going to be worth collecting Brother! Initial reports from GW staff that have seen the plastic models say they are awesome! Of course that's coming from GW staff Razz

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Haha they also said the SR was amazing!
As important as cool models are, I really love the GK lore and if they become another SM chapter I'll probably go with something else.
I might get some models to paint up with my current ones so I have new and old in my display cabinet though Very Happy

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Just got confirmation from my GW contact that his black box is coming in on Thursday. I will have "eyes on" the codex that day cheers cheers

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:44 pm

take a look and report, Brother!
You will be our Spying Servo Skull!!!

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Brother Blutcher wrote:take a look and report, Brother!

If they don't let me take pictures, I'll just have to commit as much as I can to memory. Remember though that I AM 42 yrs old Razz Razz

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Rivan wrote:Just got confirmation from my GW contact that his black box is coming in on Thursday. I will have "eyes on" the codex that day cheers cheers

I assume you will be seeing it at the GW where you currently live rather than near me, correct?

raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 pm

raven925 wrote:
Rivan wrote:Just got confirmation from my GW contact that his black box is coming in on Thursday. I will have "eyes on" the codex that day cheers cheers

I assume you will be seeing it at the GW where you currently live rather than near me, correct?

It's not even that near. I'm going to the LA Battle Bunker since that's the closest to me. BTW, how's the new manager at Gateway?

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Rivan wrote:
raven925 wrote:

It's not even that near. I'm going to the LA Battle Bunker since that's the closest to me. BTW, how's the new manager at Gateway?

Hes not bad, very mellow. He pretty much keeps to himself and works on his own things. The last two weeks i have been in there its been packed both Saturday and Sunday. I am really hyped up to see the new kits and codex. I might just ride my bike down there as soon as i get out of school just to see the new stuff. Very Happy

raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Rivan wrote:
Brother Blutcher wrote:take a look and report, Brother!

If they don't let me take pictures, I'll just have to commit as much as I can to memory. Remember though that I AM 42 yrs old Razz Razz
I wish we had enough people who could look at the codex to commit one page of unit entries to memory. This would include stats, special rules, and point costs. Some others could be designated to remember one page wargear rules each. It would be a glorious compilation of the rule book weeks before it comes out. That way, we could all scheme and plot new armies a whole two weeks in advanced! Mwhaha!

Actually, you could just confirm whether or not the "leak" was accurate or not. I'm still hoping it wasn't and there is still a lot more to be seen. Fingers are crossed...

Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

View user profile http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I just want to know what the heck a Psilencer is...

Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:47 am

i'm on duty this Thursday... so i'll have to wait till Saturday afternoon i guess
Sad Sad
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:56 am

Titus wrote:I just want to know what the heck a Psilencer is...

I second that.

Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slind on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 am

Psilencer

Range: 24''
Str: 4
Ap: -
Heavy: 6

Always wounds demons on 4+

Gatling version is Heavy 12

Slind
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Daemonhunters, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 am

Been looking through Warseer and found that some places have their Black Boxes already. Here is some of the info posted from actual Codex...

Psycannon

S7 AP4 Assault 2, Heavy 4, Rending

Heavy Psycannon S7 AP4 Large Blast Rending

No Storm Shields on Termies, though the NF Sword gives +1 to Inv in CC if you already have Inv save, so basic PAGK's don't get one.

Therefore GM with Iron Halo has 3++ in CC if he has Sword

Doomfist are basically Nemesis Dreadnought CCW(ie S10 powerfists)

Sword is S6 but allows rerolls to hit and wound

DK Daemonhammer is S10 Thunderhammer

all nemesis weapons have daemonbane which basically ignores eternal warrior for daemons and psykers

Nemisis Force sword is +1 to invun save. (if you already have an invun - sorry PAGK)

Nemisis Force Halbred is +2 to initative.

Nemisis force stave 2+ invun to close combat wounds.

Brotherhood Banner - 25 points. +1 attack to unit, and all models in the unit automatically pass there pyschic test for there force weapon.

Grey knights are 100pts for 5

Psybolt Ammo gives +1 Strength to Stormbolters,Hurricane bolters,Heavy bolters, Auto Cannons and Assault cannons.

Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 am

Looking good!!!!

Here's some more directly from HO:
Quote:
Warp Stab Field allows Librarian to transport vehicle using the Summoning Power.

Servo Skulls act like mystics with extra goodies

And Brain mines means affected unit cannot act that assault phase( I think)

Heavy Incinerator operates like the hellhound(+12")

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 am

The sword is S6 with both re-rolls? Shocked I can't believe that especially if they're power weapons as well. You would think the halberds would be S6 with re-rolls as well since the extra initiative is an upgrade that has to be paid for.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:46 am

NemesisForce wrote:The sword is S6 with both re-rolls? Shocked I can't believe that especially if they're power weapons as well. You would think the halberds would be S6 with re-rolls as well since the extra initiative is an upgrade that has to be paid for.

I think the S6 sword is probably the NDK's sword (because the NDK is down to S6 T6). From what I've read the regular nemesis force swords for GKT only grants +1 invul in CC scratch

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 am

Ah, I thought it was alluding to the regular GK/GKT NFW sword.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 am

sounds good to me too
hard to wait...
i'm curious to see the new heavy psycannon and the psylancer (medium and heavy) bounce bounce
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 am

Until i have a codex in hand, its all just rumors.... Wink

Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am

Titus wrote:Until i have a codex in hand, its all just rumors.... Wink

True. I'll make sure to verify in 2 days Very Happy

BTW, more from B&C:

GKSS lost the ability to take Personal Teleporters but now there is a completely different entry in the Fast Attack section for your Teleporting Gray Knights. They are now called Gray Knight Interceptor Squads.

...and:

cheers cheers

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:56 am

Apologize for the double post but the first wave has been confirmed (per B&C):

The First wave has been confirmed!

Grey Knight Codex Softback 17.50 RRP

Grey Knights Boxed 5 man Set -20.50 RRp

Can be built as;

* A Grey Knight Squad
* Interceptor Squad (Can teleport 30″ once per game)
* Purgation Squad (Heavy Support can have psy-cannons, psilencer or incenerators. Have psyk-out grenades and can fire at targets the can not see due to Astral Aim.
* Purifier Squad (Elite Squad with 2 attacks and the cleansing flame psychic attack)

The Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight 33 RRP

Grey Knight Terminators / Paladins 27.70

(Paladins are two wounded ws5 terminators with apothecaries)

Lord Kaldor Draigo 13.80 RRP

(HQ choice that makes Paladins troops and grants D3 universal special rules)

Castellan Crowe 10.25

(Makes Purifier Squads Troops)

Jokaero Weaponsmith 7.70 RRP

An awesome space monkey!

So x 1.6 to convert to US dollars? Roughly?

--Credit and source to TableTopTyrant

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 pm

What?! 20.50 for 5 plastic minatures?

I thought plastic models were supposed to be cheaper than metal!

Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:14 pm

i hope they have enough bits in it to justify that... but since you can create purgation squads out of em i guess there are enough heavy weapon options in it, like the devastor squad box

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1574
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:16 pm

well, at least i dont i have to pay 55$ for 5 terminator now...

raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:41 am