Latest GK rumours

:: Community

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Latest GK rumours

Post by Souba on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm

hm that only seems to be on the german site. here is what stands there :

Am Abend des 25. März hast du in allen Hobbyzentren die Möglichkeit, in Ruhe den neuen Codex: Grey Knights zu inspizieren und natürlich die neuen Modelle im Einsatz zu erleben.

Komm vorbei und überzeuge dich selbst von der Macht dieses außergewöhnlichen Ordens!

and the link : http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=15800007a

translated it says : on the evening of the 25th march you will have the opportunity in your local gaming store to read the new codex:grey knights and to watch the new modells in action.

if you cant see the link on english, switch to the german language and look at the link again.

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1587
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Driz1 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Rivan wrote:Posting this directly from a member (synack) on B&C:

Saw this on BOLS

QUOTE (LittleBird;123372)
I showed a certain PDF file to someone inside GW. He said that the PDF is ~5 months old, and the codex has been cleaned up a lot. The wording in many parts has been changed and made clearer, but it's more or less correct. He thought some of the point values may have been tweaked but he wasn't sure.

So this is completely contrary to what my GW source told me so not sure what to expect now Razz Good thing is, black boxes are supposed to hit GW stores next Thursday, March 10th bounce

Another post on Dakka stated that the pdf leak resulted in a firing from GW. Lots of hersay muddying the waters. I think anything at this point is speculation. Just give me the leaked purifiers and str7 rending psycannons and I dont care after that. lol

Driz1
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for the link! I threw a post on my blog to try and get the word (and excitement) out there. Nice catch.

Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

View user profile http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 am

now the rumours don't really matters to me ... i can wait few days (i've been waiting for 8 years or so) ... but thanks for sharing anyway Wink
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3657
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 am

Your patience serves you Aubec Wink

Its so exciting...I haven't done any 40K army aside from Grey Knights, which I started years back and have loved and cherished them ever since. And now, maybe in less then a week, we shall see new models...lore...rules...its amazing.

And yet I have this annoyed gut feeling; a friend of mine who has played Chaos, Eldar, Space Wolves, and even normal Space Marines just jumping onto the Grey Knight band-wagon. I can only assume so many others are at this point. I feel a tad sick at this; like, where the crap where you monkies from 3rd edition to NOW? Oh well; I suppose more the merrier...

Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by itsuperslug on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 am

We always knew that there would be those that would jump on the new 'dex and yes it does annoy me but at the end of the day it wont stop me continuing my knight collection and as soon as the next 'dex (after GK's) is released then surely they'll leave us and go to that army!

itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 180
Army : ultramarines, grey knights
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 am

So it was with Blood Angels,Space Marines,Dark Eldar(thought alot of them left quite quickly,because they were still quite fragile) and all other new codex's out there.When Necrons,Tau and Chaos get theyr new codex's the same will happen.So it allways will be.

Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:51 am

Only the Rightous remains faithfull Twisted Evil

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 am

i swear by the emperor i wont fight any ultramarine/spacewolf/BA/etc "count as" grey knight bandwagon jumpers. those people annoy me the most.

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1587
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:25 am

Casual players I'm sure. Nothing beats some good ol' experience with the GKs, such as we have.. Very Happy

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:21 am

Actually, in my gaming area I only know of one BA player and nobody plays SW's. We do have two Dark Eldar players though. Even at the last tournie I was at, out of 40 players there was only 1 BA player and again no SW one. I think we always assume there will be a ton of band-wagoners because we're hitting all the forums where the hype is happening and it seems like a lot of players want to field a GK army.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 am

I've just been into my local GW and spoken to the manager there. He went on his staff website calendar and confirmed that GK release in 2nd April.

Also, phase 1 of advanced orders are next Wednesday, with phase 2 the wednesday after.

Black box is next Friday, which will include the Codex.

Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:12 am

Sweetness. I hope my local indie game store gets the early dex around the same time because all 4 GW's in my relative area have closed down in the last month or so.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

Damned! I have to leave next wednesday for 2 weeks! I'll have to find the local HC and ask the local =I= agent to show me some stuff!!!!

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:19 pm

hard to wait when the time of release is closing so much... bounce bounce
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3657
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I was told by my GW contact that next Thursday would be a VERY GOOD day for me to visit his store.

I plan to be there when they actually open their black box and be one of the first persons to set eyes on the codex!!!!

Hmmm, wonder if they'll let me take pictures of the contents of the codex w/ my iphone....

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Rivan wrote:I was told by my GW contact that next Thursday would be a VERY GOOD day for me to visit his store.

I plan to be there when they actually open their black box and be one of the first persons to set eyes on the codex!!!!

Hmmm, wonder if they'll let me take pictures of the contents of the codex w/ my iphone....

sounds good, hopefully i can get some pictures also. I hope to be there when the doors open so i can see the new models and pre-order the new dex'

raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Rivan wrote:I was told by my GW contact that next Thursday would be a VERY GOOD day for me to visit his store.

I am excited for you Brother!

I don't think that GW employees will condone such behavior as photographing the new codex........But you seem to have a good relationship with them so they may turn the other way and act like nothing happened Wink

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Constantine wrote:

I am excited for you Brother!

I don't think that GW employees will condone such behavior as photographing the new codex........But you seem to have a good relationship with them so they may turn the other way and act like nothing happened Wink

I'll just promise not to post the actual pics on any public site Razz

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:20 pm

I just talked to my local independent retailer and they are gettin gtheir black box on Friday. When i said something about being there when it was opened he joked that with the number of guys wanting to read the codex instore, we might have to have a scrum with baseball bats to see who goes first. Imagine their suprise when i show up with a baseball bat and my rugby boots next week. Twisted Evil

Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Titus wrote:I just talked to my local independent retailer and they are gettin gtheir black box on Friday. When i said something about being there when it was opened he joked that with the number of guys wanting to read the codex instore, we might have to have a scrum with baseball bats to see who goes first. Imagine their suprise when i show up with a baseball bat and my rugby boots next week. Twisted Evil

Don't know if I can manage it, but I hope/plan to be there before they open and block the door Razz

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:06 pm

yeah i was at my local GWS today and asked about the black box and codex the models are getting shown next saturday i also asked if many people have asked about it and a good few people had asked and have also seen afew SR being painted in grey knights colours so are numbers are going to increase

rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Hoping I get a chance to go in and take a look so I know whether I'm going to need money for them or not :p

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm

xD Yes Brother Rivan, and snag some pictures!

Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Fingers crossed for stuff arriving on Thursday!
The waiting is killing me because I wanna see if my most favourite army is still worth collecting.

I swear I've heard so many people saying how they are going to start collecting them its annoying!

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:21 pm