Emporer Provides

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emporer Provides

Post by Jaykay on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Greetings fellow brothers of the Imperium,

I am Brother Jaykay, a novice looking to join into your ranks and gain the experience and knowledge that you have all fought to protect.

(not sure what else to say so errrm Hi!! Very Happy )

Jaykay
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Emporer Provides

Post by MJSwasey on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:23 am

LOL Welcome brother! It's good to see our ranks swell, surely it will benefit our discussions and tactics as a new codex looms on the horizon. We have alot of knowledge and opinions here, so jump right in to reading some threads and posting advice/asking questions.

If you feel the need to say more, perhaps you could tell us if you have an army, what it's like/consists of, and your 40k experience?

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:31 am

Welcome Brother! Glad to have you in our ranks Very Happy

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:10 am

welcome brother
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3657
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:33 am

Welcome!
As others have said feel free to post any army pictures or info, and have a look around!
Don't hesitate to ask questions!

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaykay on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome brothers

currently my 40k armies are gd old SM (who hasnt got or had them) and my faithful Grey Knights

my GKs I've had almost a year consisting of

8terminators
1 with psycannon
1 with incinerator

20 Grey knights
4justicars
3incinerators
1psycannon

2 dreadnoughts, one with all weapons, the other from Black Reach

and 1 inquisitor with plasma pistol

so far I've played around 100 games ish, quite low as i only recently began playing again and its pretty plain that i suck so bad with em that I've only ever one about 5 of those games. and there only against my m8 with orks at that.

i know... its baaaad..... lol
im still struggling with some of ours rules and the actual idea of having a batte plan in ur head from the word go, i just sort of advance and die lol. today i managed to forget completely the rule of shrouding after the many many shots fired upon my army.

Jaykay
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Remembering the rules takes a good 20 games in so without a long break in between games, don't worry, you'll get the GK feel back.

GK are generally considered in the very lowest tier of Warhammer 40k, with only necrons in the same range. You definitely need a plan to win against good players with a good list! I like keeping track of battle reports to help me with this. Not only do i have a cool story to tell and for people to comment on, but I also can see exactly where I went wrong, and see what would help next time.

Perhaps a good idea for you would be to write down a plan during/after deployment, and then before each movement phase remember to do your "Planning" phase and look at what you wrote down and see if your doing this, so you get used to following a strategy instead of doing gut reactions each turn with no overarching plan.

While i didn't literally write it down, i did this mentally in my last game against footslogging Orks. Point for point, these orks could outshoot AND out assualt me, and i knew i'd resort to my standard anti assualt strategy of retreating into a ball and slowly loose troops till they all hit me at once. Instead I picked the strategy "Pretend to be in the middle, then overload one side", and each turn i would move my units to spread out in the middle while sneaking more to one side. Because the 1-2 middle squads were spread out, they looked more numerous than the multiple squads on one side, and i'd always throw a few more shots to the one side. A turn before the WAAAAGH was coming, i started beating feet hard in the direction i had choose, already weakened by my bolter fire. I overwhelmed the one side of his army with my entire force, and was then able to turn around and face the other half without facing an entire ork army at once. It really helped!

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Welcome Brother.

BC

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top