Scared CSM!

:: Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scared CSM!

Post by Rivan on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:53 am

I thought I'd share something funny with you guys...

In the current league I'm playing in, I joined in the 2nd week so I'm missing a game from Week 1. I've posted on the store's forum looking for a makeup game w/ anybody who's willing to play (any day/ any time after work) and my post has been there since last week. No takers.

Then another member (Space pups) made a post yesterday looking for a make up game. Within a day, the current no. 1 player in the standings (CSM) took up his offer to play in a few days.

Is it just me or is this CSM player avoiding a confrontation w/ Grey Knights? Razz Razz
Can't say I really blame him but I think its not very sportsman like. My two cents...

Ok, maybe I'm being a little bit harsh. I guess I was just thinking if the situation was reversed, I would be more than happy to give anybody a makeup game...won't affect my standing anyway but I can help the other person catch up.

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scared CSM!

Post by Aubec le noir on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:31 am

no, you're right he's a chicken !! Chicken !! Chicken !! as all the CSM finally are !! Razz Razz
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Frustrating for sure Brother Rivan....but not really surprising when it comes to chaos.

Perhaps you should PM the "#1" player and ask him for a game directly....A challenge if you will!!!

BC

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5790
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 pm

I could see him being reluctant if he played Chaos Daemons. CSM not so much. Very strange. Perhaps the SW player is newer or easier?

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 pm

I am officially retracting my initial opinions on this subject.
I was contacted by the player and he's really a good chap. Turns out he even has around 5000 pts worth of GK's Razz He never responded to my forum posts since we haven't actually officially met I guess.

Anyways, bad on me for jumping to conclusions right away Embarassed

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Hmm, still what better way to meet someone than to play them Very Happy

Weird that he would be willing to play space pups but not GKs tho....
GK certainly dont get that many advantages against CSM unless they go heavy in certain daemon choices, or your list is tailored against them....

That being said CSM aren't really considered top tier these days either.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm

I LOVE you guys. GK are the nicest players ever.

There is no other forum where you can post something like this and noone says "WTF he's a douche" or "HELLZ YES WE ROXOR HE SUXOR". Theres no other forums where the author would them politely contact the person in question, hit it off, and admit his mistake online and be the better man for it. And i love the suggestion of, instead of doing crude and vulgar violent things to him, "perhaps we should, dare i say it, yes, challange him to an honourable duel! that will show that chap!"

seriously, i love you guys.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:34 am

Truly BC Rivan only boast proudly of the Emporor's elite and the fear they bring. He is a better man to admit it and move on. Personally, I'd feel umpleasant to go against Abaddon and his entourage with BC Stern and a 5 man squad of GKT(close pts cost). Just some advice if he uses Ab, maybe with sacred incense and a couple thunderhammers(if wounded and not killed outright with a TH, Abaddon wouldn't be able to attack until the end of the next assault phase). After the first strike, whittle him down. The Emporor guides and we are the strike of the hammer.

GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:31 am

GMKDynamis wrote:Truly BC Rivan only boast proudly of the Emporor's elite and the fear they bring. He is a better man to admit it and move on. Personally, I'd feel umpleasant to go against Abaddon and his entourage with BC Stern and a 5 man squad of GKT(close pts cost). Just some advice if he uses Ab, maybe with sacred incense and a couple thunderhammers(if wounded and not killed outright with a TH, Abaddon wouldn't be able to attack until the end of the next assault phase). After the first strike, whittle him down. The Emporor guides and we are the strike of the hammer.

Yeah, I've matched up w/ Abaddon several times and it has always been a mutual kill. Incense brings his Initiative down to 5 so my GM strikes simultaneous. It is almost better to assault Abby just solo or else my GM's whole retinue will die too Razz

I'm eagerly awaiting for one of these match ups to eventually go in my favor where Abby actually rolls a "1" for his weapon and my GM actually survives after force-killing him Razz

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:16 am