Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

400 Point Puritan Combat Patrol

+2
MJSwasey
DarkRonin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

400 Point Puritan Combat Patrol - Page 2 Empty Re: 400 Point Puritan Combat Patrol

Post by DarkRonin Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Well, for the 500 point aspect of the league, I'm stuck with only 50 points worth of upgrades total. So I'm looking at a list like this:

Elites - Inquisitor
Elites - Eversor

Troops - 8x Storm Troopers
2x Plasma
Rhino - Extra Armor

Troops - 8x Storm Troopers
1x Plasma, 1x Melta
Rhino - Extra Armor

Heavy Support - Orbital Strike
- Lance Strike

Abiding by the rules of the league and as to what I have at hand, I don't have enough models to go around to be of much use overall, so main reason why I have the Lance Strike. Besides, it'll be nice to break up the lines when I know someone is gonna sit back and shoot.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

400 Point Puritan Combat Patrol - Page 2 Empty Re: 400 Point Puritan Combat Patrol

Post by NemesisForce Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Too bad about the lack of models as that OS sucks up a lot of useful points. I'd be more inclined to field an =I= Lord instead and tool him up with weapons/wargear and psychic powers instead.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:58 pm

I would as well, but we're using Combat Patrol Restrictions, so an Inquisitor Lord would not be allowed to be used. I would so love to have that awesome fire base from the Inquisitors Retinue, but it's not allowed with the 50 Point Total spent on Upgrades.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 am

My bad on the Lord. Forgot about the max two wounds. I'm kinda confused though on the 50 point upgrade rule. How does this stop you from taking a retinue?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:03 pm

50 Points total of Upgrades for the entire army. If I take a Retinue, it would more or less consist of purely Veteran Guardsmen, Servitors would be out of the question if I want to keep the special weapons on the two IST squads and keep the extra armor on the Rhino's. Though I do have 75 extra points to spend, and if I drop two ISTs and the Strike, I could throw in a small five man Space Marine Tactical Squad, gotta love our perks from time to time. Overall, I don't see how I could make a properly effective unit with the Inquisitor with these restrictions.

--EDIT--
I actually just thought of how I could probably compensate this by adding a second Inquisitor and having a second group. So I'll be looking at something along the lines of having one Veteran Guardsmen with a hellpistol and close combat weapon a piece, and a familiar. With the amount of points and wounds I'm adding, it'll keep me going a bit and give me some moderate Close Combat abilities. Not much, but it's there at least and it can help supplement my Eversor. Either way, this is using all that I have help marshall my forces with this overall 50 Points total for upgrades.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:32 pm

After finally coming to understand what the person running it meant with the limit on wargear (50 Per unit and vehicle separately), I settled on a list containing an Inquisitor with 3 Heavy Bolters and a Mystic armed with both a bolt pistol and CC weapon, two squads of 7 man IST squads with 2x Plasma (one squad had both a plasma and melta) and mounted in Rhino's with both Extra Armor and Smoke. And to top it all off, an Eversor.

Anyway, the league started today, but i didn't get to join in until I finished my shift at work today... bummer. But I did get a game in and surprisingly it was against the most experienced player in the league and he was just happening to be running CSM. Much to my own enjoyment, because it's fun cleansing a table full of their foul taint.

He was running two ten man CSM squads with champs, and one 10 man Berserker squad with a champ with melta bombs as well. (Roughly that many, I may be off on exact numbers but it didn't matter much either way, he lost LOTS more then I did of my ISTs, lots more).

Set Up - Spearhead
Game Type - Capture and Control

He went first and moved his squads up and ran with them. My Eversor was nearby so on my turn I moved my rhinos up a bit and got some pot shots with them and surprisingly took out 2 CSM from one squad, Eversor fired, failed to kill something with his pistol, Inquisitor got 2 kills with his retinue, and then the Eversor managed to get 2 kills of his own in Assault. My Opponent was virtually face palming himself upon learning what it could do, even though the assassin lost in CC, he was fun watching him.

Nothing much else happened after this aside from my ISTs killing his berserkers and one CSM squad that was moving up while one camped on a point. After these two squads died to a fury of fire from hellguns (these got plenty of more kills then plasma's), I rolled up to his last squad, both of my Plasma Gunners in one squad died, but took out a few with their plasma guns (over heated and failed). He got some shots on my one squad with a melta gun and 4 out of 3 died, made leadership and then got back into the rhino and held a point.

Either way, in the end, I had a point, he had none (and no more models on the table).
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2