Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 points trial list please help

+4
Primarch
Nausaden
MJSwasey
The Acolyte
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1000 points trial list please help - Page 2 Empty Re: 1000 points trial list please help

Post by The Acolyte Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 am

Thanks Aubec.
For the upcoming game i think i will use a variant of the list in the first post. This list in fact:

Brother Captain
-psycannon, (91)

Grey Knight Squad
-Justicar, 9 grey knights, incinerator (295)

Grey Knight Squad
-Justicar, 4 grey knights, 2 psycannons, auspex, targeter (202)

Grey Knight Dreadnought
-Twin Linked Lascannon, extra armour. smoke launchers (138)

Inquistor
-Psycannon, targetor, auspex
-Retinue: 2 heavy bolter servitors, 1 plasma cannon servitor, 2 mystics, 2 sages (175)

Evorsor Assassin (95)

996 Points

The changes made are: swapping sisters of battle for inquistor and retintue and adding incinerator to 10 man squad.

EDIT: Updated first post with this list

Last edited by The Acolyte on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 100
Army : Grey Knights of course
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000 points trial list please help - Page 2 Empty Re: 1000 points trial list please help

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:37 am

I like that list Twisted Evil
have fun playing the battle
by the way which army do you fight against ??
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Thanks, well i normally play against either a fire warrior heavy tau army, a scout heavy space marine army or a sisters of battle army. Or sometimes a imperial guard army.

Do you think the list with the shooty inquistor is better than the list with the sisters in it?
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:55 am

well you'll have to play it to find that ! clown
but with the 2 mystics and if your adversary have a lot deep strinking (cause the mystics are here only for that matter) yes i think so.... we'll see Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Ok battle report time!
I vsed a space marine player who had a tooled up chapter master with honour guard, a vindictor tank, 20 tactical marines and a devorstator squad. It was an objective game.

The Inquistor and his retinue did not get to do much in the game because my opponent used line of sight well.

I deployed the Dreadnought very badly and it lost both of its arms in the first turn from the devorstators. But it still held of a 10 man squad of marines from getting an objective by assualting them.

The 5 man squad of grey knights i think i could have deployed better so they could have had more line of sight.

The 10 man did excellent by destroying the vindicator and the Chapter master, and in the end holding an objective.

In the end i won by one objective though it was very close.
The list worked well but i think it could have done alot better if i deployed better. (we only had a short amount of time for the game so it was pretty rushed, so hopefully next time i will have more time to plan deployment.)
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:39 am

you're right deployment is paramount !!
happy that you won against and army with a new codex, that prove that our old codex army could be competitive
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks brother Aubec.
Yes it is always great to win with the 'weakest' army! 1000 points trial list please help - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

EDIT: I was thinking of swapping the incinerator grey knight for 1 death cult assain.
My idea was for teh death cult assain to infiltrate in with the evorsor and help him out in close combat. The way i see it, it gives me an extra chance to catch a fleeing enemy.
I have actually never used death cult assains before and so i am unfamiliar with their tactics so i would appreciate any comments and suggestions thanks.
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:07 pm

BATTLE REPORT TIME:
I played 2 battles on the weekend, 1 against a tau army and one against a tyranid army.
The tyranid had a Hive tyrant, 16 genestealers, 12 hormogaunts, 1 zoanthrope and one (beautifully converted) carnifex.
My evorsor infiltrated and charged first turn against the carnifex, and promptly killed it before it could even attack!
The rest of the game was of me kiting his genestealers with my grey knights and using the evorsor to kill the hive tyrant as well!
I wiped out his entire army by the 4th turn.

They tau guy i vsed was a great player and i have vsed him a few times before but only beated him once and only just.
The tau had 2 battlesuit commanders, 36 fire warriors(in 6 squads of 6), 1 hammerhand, 6 pathfinders with a transport vehicle and 6 vespids.
During deployment he had set up first and he set up 12 inches from the table edge since it was a pitched battle. As i knew he had a max range of 30 inches with his fire warriors and i knew the table was 48 inches wide, i set my mini purigation squad and inquisitor squad 3 inches from the table edge knowing i could shoot without being able to get shot at.
During the game the mini purigation squad and the inquistor squad killing a fire warrior squad each every turn. The Dread shook or stunned the hammerhand many times but couldnt destroy it. The 10 man grey knight squad killed the vespides and a lone justicar killed 2 whole fire warrior squads by himself in 2 turns.
The game ended on turn 4 since we both had to leave and i had 9 kill points and he had 3.

All in all it was a great weekend for the knights in grey!
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Awesome battles! Congrats! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Very Happy Good work Brother Acolyte, I especially liked how your lone Justicar exterminated the Xeno filth on his own!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 am

Justicars on their own are still scary monsters if the enemy doesn't watch out.

About the death cultists, the great thing about them (but terrible in killpoints) is that every model in the unit counts as a separate unit. What I used to do in 4th ed. is infiltrate 6 of them with an eversor and then roll up the enemy line. A big nasty unit can still only shoot one.
Another great thing is that they are cheap, mean and have powerweapons but with the new rules there aren't the 'killzones' anymore so expect your cultists to die after the first turn of combat. (5+ inv just doesn't cut it when on your own)
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks for your replies brothers.
Grimhack that death cult assain idea seems awsome. I would love to try it but i think if i get any death cult assain it will be just one to replace the incinerator grey knight.
But i am still not sure about this idea
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 am

good reports
it seems that eversor was worth his points this WE ... glad to hear it
as for the cultists... they are quickly dead (only 5+ invul) but well used ... could be a pain in the ass Twisted Evil
i don't use them by now because mine aren't painted and i only play painted minis... but i think of painting 2 of them especially after the advice of brother grimhack
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 am

In 4th edition they rocked cause they could assault after combat but now they squash a unit and get shot to pieces...
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 am

Wow, those were some victories. Well done. If I can just get past my 'pure GK' mind-set I'd give an Assassin a try sometime. Played right they're real wrecking crews.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Evorsor can be an absolute powerhouse. In the tyranid game he got over 4 times his points cost! But in the tau game he assualt a tau commander and did nothing, the tau commanded boosted out of assualt somehow and my evorsor got shot up.
They can be absolutly awsome but even when they dont work they still distract a portion of the enemy for a turn.
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 am

though it's an expensive diversion, imho, better to score with him
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Battle report time again:
i vsed a witchhunter player who was a great opponent and alot of fun to vs.
His list was something like this:
Saint Celestine
2 squads of 10 sisters of battle each had a plasma gun and a melta gun.
6 arcoflaggents
5 sisters with jumppacks (i 4get what they are called)
An immolater with a twin linked multi melta.

My opponent did a great deployment and he did not leave me with many options.

My evorsor infiltrated in and killed a whole sisters of battle squad in one turn.
My 10 man grey knight squad moved up aiming for the other sisters of battle squad.
My Dreadnought went with the the 10 man squad.
And both my inquistor squad and psycannon squad with brother captain moved to try to get line of sight to the sisters with jumpbacks.
he then killed my evorsor with saint cestine and he shot down alot of my grey knights.
Over the following turns his immolater destroyed the close combat wea[pm off my dreadnought and killed the 10 man squad of grey knights.
His acroflaggents ripped through my psycannon squad with brother captain and the sisters with jumpbacks took out the inquistor.
At the end there was only my dreadnought was left while the sister of battle guy still had saint celstine(who had come back) a few sisters of battle and one sister with jumpback.
The last few turns was of my dreadnought killing a few sisters while nothing he had left could hurt it 1000 points trial list please help - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .

In the end he won my one kill point but it was a very good game.

I had no idea how good the arco flaggents were, they absolutley destroyed the psycannon squad lol.
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 am

He needs a priest in order to use arco flagellants but I guess he had that aswell. And seraphim (that's their name) are really cool models and really great from the sisters. To bad that the knights had to learn that in such a bad way.
And without the eversor you'd have a tie. But then again, the eversor could have earned a killpoint during the battle.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 am

Holy. How did an Immolator take on your Dread and wipe out a 10-man GK squad as well? Even though a loss, the important thing is you had fun.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:06 am

sisters are a good and fun army i'm glad you enjoyed your battle ... that's the most important Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Lol sry for the terrible battle report.
What i meant to say was the immolater destroyed the closecombat weapon off my dreadnought then saint celestine and the other 10 man squad of sisters killed my 10 man squad of grey knights.
Yes the evorsor more than made up his points by destroying a 10 man squad of sisters in one turn of combat!
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:21 am

I was thinking of swapping the grey knight squad with psycannons for a retinue of 4 terminators for the brother captain and splitting the 10 man squad in half. What do you guys think?
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 am

you can't take objectives with GKT ... Crying or Very sad
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Yes it means i lose a scoring unit but the grey knights with psycannons dont do to much damage when they stay back holding an objective so i was thinking the terminators could do a lot more damage.

Or another idea would be to drop the dreadnought and the brother captain and purchase a land raider for the inquistor lord. I would still keep the inquistor lord and the land raider seperate at deployment. This would give me more anti tank plus give me a AV 14 distraction for the enemy. The list would look like this:

Inquistor Lord
-Psycannon, targetor, auspex, artificer armour
-Retinue: 2 heavy bolter servitors, 1 plasma cannon servitor, mystic, 2 sages
-Land Raider: extra armour, smoke launchers

Grey Knight Squad
-Justicar, 7 grey knights, incinerator

Grey Knight Squad
-Justicar, 4 grey knights, 2 psycannons, auspex, targeter

Evorsor Assassin
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2