Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!!

5 posters

Go down

Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!! Empty Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!!

Post by Nausaden Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Hello once again Brothers of the Grey Knights, it is good to be here writing up another battle report! I am currently sick with some form of cold, so I figured I'd get to writing a certain game that occurred at my local Gamesworkshop last Saturday. This one was a most glorious game, that lasted several hours with 1500 points between the 4 players on a large board, filled with hills and ruins all about! While I try to keep most of my reports brief, I typically slip up in that regard and end up with several pages worth. I hope you'll all enjoy this battle report, and take something from it to continue the fight against my enemy's!

It was Grey Knights and Space Marines vs Eldar and Tau, an interesting match up. We were allowed 1500 point lists, and I am afraid I haven't the greatest recollection of the names of the units or the list of the Tau player, but I will retell it all as best as I can manage.

Grey Knights
HQ
Grandmaster w/Icon of the Just, Psycannon, MC-on NFW, Psychic hood
4 GKT Retinue

Troops
Justicar Veo with Targeter
6 PAGK

Justicar Lucero with Targeter
4 PAGK
2 PAGK with Psycannons

Justicar Naus with Targeter
4 PAGK
2 PAGK with Incinerators

Grey Knight Dreadnought "Arbiter " w/Twin linked lascannon, close combat blade +Incinerator

Grey Knight Landraider "Sanctuary" w/Twin linked lascannon, assault cannon, stormbolter

Space Marines
HQ
Tigerius (Super powerful Libarien, awesome to have around)
Pedro Kantor

Scout squad: Sargent Telion, 4 scouts with snipers

Secondary scout squad, armed with chainswords/boltguns and a homing beacon

2 Squads of Space Marines, equipped with a variety of weapons that I can't recall.

1 Sternguard

1 Assault Marine squad

Eldar
HQ
Eldrad, various wargear

2 full squad of Harlequins

1 full squad of Warp spiders

3 Wraithlords with various wargear/weaponry

Two 5 man squads of Rangers

Tau
Here's me out on a limb; he had maybe two squads of Firewarriors, a Hammerhand, a LOT of Kroot, and some Crisis suits deep striking in with retinues. He also had a squad of 4 Piranhas, equipped with meltas and the likes. I realized they were gunning for the Landraider and Rhinos that were out and about.

We set up on differing sides of the board, or opponents winning the roll off and going first. They had separated their forces on to cover both sides of the board, but the Eldar had put a squad of Harlequins and a Wraithlord with the Tau to assist them while the Tau had a squad of Piranhas in a position were they could get to his side and assist him early on. My ally and I had spent a lot of time discussing or tactics; and it proved invaluable throughout the game.

My Landraider *Sanctuary* secured my Grand Master and his GKT Terminators, and fit in the other Liberian Tigurius, whom also had a psychic hood. The GKD would be behind the Landraider, the rhinos providing cover on both sides to hide the Landraider as well. I put one squad of PAGK led by Lucero with the psycannons the the left side, with the vehicles, setting them up in a ruined building to provide snipe work should any of the Eldar ahead got close enough. It also gave them vantage to the other side, if the Tau tried to go around and pin us. On the opposite side of the board, I had up and hidden squad Naus, which held the 2 Incinerators, the squad of pure stormbolters led by Veo just behind him. They were to hold off the advancing swarms of Tau Kroot and distract the Eldar Rangers that had been set up in a high tower. The Space Marines scout Sargent Telion and his squad also got into a perfect building, with a great amount of sight across the whole battlefield. My ally had his two full squads of Space Marines within the Rhinos, while he was going to deepstrike the Stern guard and the Assault marines.

TURN I
Xeno's

The first turn was little more then the Eldar moving up, warping his spiders into the cover of a building, hiding his Harlequins likewise and moving his Wraith lords and HQ Farseer up, trying to cast a variety of spells but being stopped by the Grandmaster and Tigerius's Psychic hoods every time!. He fired at the the Space marine rhino with both Wraith lords, managing to immobilize it. The Tau did likewise with his movement, but a lot of his army was to be deepstriked, and so he began by infiltrating a large group of Kroot and Kroot hounds about. They intended to assault the scouts that had been hiding behind a building, the first line of defense who wanted to reach a further up bunker. They also had a homer beacon, for the deepstriking units.

TURN 1
Space Marines
Unlike the filthy aliens, the Imperiums warriors had much more to do. I started by having my squad Lucero secure themselves in a ruined building, with line of sight so that their devastating psycannons could be unleashed on the fleshy xenos. Squads Naus and Veo moved up to cover the scout squad; in range to incinerate the kroot in an epic display should they try to take out the scouts. The scouts made a dash from their cover, getting out of the line of sight of the Grey Knights and closer to the bunker. The GK Landraider Sanctuary moved its full 12 inches, followed by a shielded GKD Arbiter and a Rhino, with the squad of the immobilized Rhino running along side the Landraider, protected thanks to its bulk.

Telion was the first to take a shot; being just BARELY in range of the Wraith lord that was advancing on my Landraider. As it was toughness 8, the only way that he and his scouts could do any damage was to get 6's. Luckily, if Telion scored 6's he rended, and the Wraithlord had no invuln save. The Xeno's watched in despair as Telion did indeed roll all 6's for wounds!! My ally and I literally jumped for joy, slapping high fives off at the awesome prospect of killing a Wraith lord on turn one with scouts! Telion had just paid his points and then some. I knew at that moment that the Emperor had blessed us this battle.

My Land raider, not wanting to look bad in comparison, unloaded its 2 twinlinked lascannons into the next Wraithlord, wounding it with both. It focused its stormbolter and assault cannon on the hiding warpspider, takeing down 3 of them even with the cover saves. The Arbiter, with his twin linked lascannon, finished off the Wraithlord with one last mighty shot, nearly devastating the Eldar's only options to deal with the heavy armor that was hunting them down. With all the heavy fire down, I instructed my ally to run his scouts towards the bunker and out of my Grey Knights line of sight. He did, running them a good 5 inches out of the way. Two squads of PAGK unleashed stormbolter rounds into the masses of the Kroot. Although gaining a cover save, the bolter fire had cut through just over half of them, and failing their moral test they ran back into the lines of firewarriors! It completely obscured the Space marine Scouts. Thus ended turn 1.

Turn II
Xenos
My rival, who had switched to Eldar to challenge my Grey Knights *Bloody wimps!* was not amused at losing what he thought were his toughest units on the first go. He intended to do as much damage as possible this time. His Farseer Eldrad attempted to cast psyker powers like fortune and the like once again, only to be completely halted thanks to the Space Marines Psychic hoods. Hiding his squads of Harlequins behind buildings to wait for a chance to jump out and attack, he further hid his spiders within the building. The Tau managed to pass their moral test for the kroot, turning them back and moving the firewarriors up a bit to get a decent shot at the scouts. Although he failed most of his deepstrikes, he got in one squad of Crisis units and dropped them right next to Squad Naus. They had flamers and some weird multi metal equivalent. The last remaining Wraithlord moved up, getting some cover from the distant Telion, who I hear has had his weapon painted with a white stripe to honor the kill he gained on the previous monstrous creature. Finally, the Tau Piranhas zoomed all the way up to be facing my Landraider dead center, creating a line that blocked the street to the Eldar!

Shooting phase, the Kroot and fire warriors unloaded on the scout marines, failing their marker test. They managed to bring the poor squad to one guy, but it took all their shooting, and the brave scout refused to run back. The Crisis suits unloaded with everything they had on Squad Naus; the Grey Knights passing all their armor saves but one soldier was brought down to the AP weapon. The Pirhanas unloaded EVERYTHING they could into the Landraider; many many multi metal shots. But lo and behold, the Emperor was TRULY with us! My friend, the Tau player Gary, rolled a horrid amount of 2's and 1's, the only shot that glanced rolled a measly 1. It was truly a miracle, and the Xeno players were forced to completely face palm and curse the dice.

With the Tau done with their shooting, the Eldar Rangers tried to open fire on my barely visible and fire off Grey Knight squad *Naus*. Fortunately, he failed the shrouding and then some, rendering his shooting phase pointless. The Warp Spiders unloaded their horrifying Str 6 weapons into my allys squad of Space Marines, killing the majority and leaving only 3 men standing. Confident, the Warp Spiders made a grave error and in their arrogance assaulted the last few Marines. The Exarch, which held a power weapon, managed to cut down one Space Marine. All the others on the other hand failed miserably to dent the power armored soldiers, and the few blows that got in were saved by the glorious +3. The Space marines fought back, and the Sergent's power fist cleaved through the Eldar warriors, leaving just the Exarch and two of his soldiers. They failed to escape the conflict. At a loss, the Xeno's turn had ended, and now it was the Space Marines turn to strike through the core.

Turn II
Space Marines
Amazed at the luck we had been having, we continued with the gaze of the Emperor on us. Sadly, my allies reinforcements failed to come in, waiting for a better oppurtunity. I moved my Landraider up slightly and to the side; I realized I could crash into the Piranhas but had no idea how it worked, and decided it would be better to simply annihilate them with holy lascannons. Squad Naus and Veo moved up, prepared to shoot, incinerate, and assault the Crisis team. Squad Lucero moved up as well, gaining a better shot at the piranhas below the building that lined up as a wall. The GKD Arbiter moved up as well, now close enough to assault the piranhas. The final Rhino moved up a bit as well, the immobilized Rhino trying to fix itself but failing. Squad Telion attempted to bring down the last Wraithlord, but thanks to its cover save it managed to avoid the piercing shots.

Squad Naus and Veo combined fire, stormbolters and Incinerators took care of most of the wounds that the Crisis Squad had *Each had at least 2, if I recall*. Though the squad lived, they were far weaker now. Twin linked lascannons from the Land raider and Dreadnought managed to miraculously only stun the Tau Pirahans, psycannons doing likewise. With little else shooting to be done, my GKD assaulted the piranhas, killing one of them. The Space Marine squad that had left the Rhino assualted with a powerfist, causing one of the vehicles to explode! The damage was shrugged off by the remaining pirhanas, Dreadnought, and Landraider, but it crippled the Space Marine squad. On the other side of the city ruins, Squad Naus charged the Crisis suits, and killed the lot before they even had a chance to return any of the blows. The PAGK consolidated further out of the shooting range of the Eldar Rangers. That done, Turn II ended.

Turn III
Xenos
Things had been going horridly for the aliens, the piranhas unable to move or fire and the only remaining Wraithlord across the board they had little to do any damage to the Landraider. The Eldar tried again to use his psyker powers, but rolled double 6's and took a wound that he couldn't save. Convinced he wouldn't get the crutch of his psyker abilities, he warped his spiders through the line of piranhas, aiming their deadly str 6 guns at the few surviving Space Marines. The Tau deepstriked another squad, Crisis, behind and to the side of the Rhino just managing to get an exact on the scatter *We all knew if he scattered that squad was as good as dead*. They held something I think was called "fusion pistols", something that was meant to destroy armor. The Kroot squads moved up along the ruins, careful to avoid fire from the PAGK squads. Combined firepower from the Kroot interestingly enough killed the final valiant scout who had been luring the squads out to the Knights.

The Eldar rangers, fearing that the shrouding would make their shooting phase completely irrelevant, instead fired at Telions sniper squad that hid in a building. Thanks to the cover from the building however, only one scout marine fell to the Eldar's Rangers. Warp Spiders, confident that they could finish off the squad of Space Marines, unloaded their heavy weapons into them. However, when the dust settled, 3 Space Marines stood. Enraged and arrogant that his foul Warp Spiders would come out on top, he assaulted the Space Marines. The Exarchs power weapon however only managed to kill a single marine, the weak Eldar elites unable to kill any of the rest *3+ armor saves, anyone?). The remaining Space Marines fought back, the Powerfist Sargent cleaving through them, leaving only the Exarch and two of his squad with him. It was almost a fair fight now. The Warp spiders stayed put, not warping out, and the conflict would continue into the next assault.

Turn III
Space Marines
The fighting was starting to get intense now, and I could see that the Eldar and Tau were working to get themselves into a more reliable position. My Ally failed his reserves once again to our dismay, so we would have to wait longer on reinforcements. The rhino attempted once again to be repaired, but failed to roll a 6, leaving it immobilized.

Relieved that I hadn't been smoked by the Tau behind the Land Raider, I moved it into the next street ever so slightly, still able to fire at the piranhas. Squad Naus moved up, attempting to reach the bunker that the Scout marines had died next to. They unloaded storm bolter fire once again into the Kroot, but a cover save saw that only a few bit it to the Storm Bolters. Squad Veo moved further back towards it's original position, keeping its Stormbolters aimed at the corner that the kroot would have to come from to launch their assault. I was also a bit nervous of the Harlequins, whom I wanted dead on both sides. My ally disembarked his Space Marines in the operational Rhino, putting a sad face on the Tau player. Had he aimed at the Rhino, maybe he wouldn't have had to face the nightmare of the full squad of Space Marines with various nasty weapons now aimed at the Crisis suits.

Again, twin linked lascannons from both the GKD and LR killed two more piranhas, the explosion from one killing one of the Eldar Warp Spiders that was engaged in combat with the space marines! Telion tried to cut down the cowering Wraithlord, but failed to even get a wound, the cover managing to protect the monster. The space marines that had disembarked fired down the Crisis team, murdering the small squad without a hint of hesitation. Assault Phase now, my GKD attacked the last Piranha, finally killing it and removing the wall (Now replaced with craters, actually). He consolidated a bit back, now looking down at the warp spiders engaged in combat with the last two Space Marines. The Warp Spider Exarch attacked again, scoring another wound that could not be saved thanks to its power weapon. The other attacks bounced off the Sargent power armor, and he struck back with his power fist, leaving only the Exarch to face him in a one on on fight. But it was not to be; the coward warped out of the fight! He managed to warp only a little ways a way, but was now aiming his gun at him. Bleh; couldn't even take one Marine on.

Turn IV
Xeno's
Things had not been going so well, and the game was coming to its climax, so it was now or never. Gary, the Tau player, managed to deep strike his final two units: His HQ Battle Suit, and squad of Tau XV25 Stealth warriors. The HQ landed near the middle of the city, aiming at Telion who was within a large building. The Stealth suits on the other hand deep striked right were the previous squad and fallen, now facing the squad that had murdered them. Hot drops done, the Kroot and Kroot hounds pushed forward, fireing at Naus's squad. A lucky shot killed one of the warriors of the Inquisition, but I knew the real threat was when they assaulted. Firewarriors mark lighted the same squad, and fired on them as well with their powerful guns. More warriors fell, but my Justicar and 2 other Knights remained after all the shooting directed at him *Wraith lord included* had been said and done. The cowardly Warp Spider survivor fired on the Space Marine Sargent's back, finally ending his heroic stand *it was a real bummer too, he was holding off so well!*

Rangers fired on Telion, failing to even wound one of the Scouts who hugged the walls of the building for cover. But alas, not even that cover could save them from the Tau HQ Suit, who used some sort of template attack that devastated the squad, leaving only Telion standing in the rubble. He passed his moral check, pushing himself out of the ruins. The stealth suits fired at the Space marines squad, and managed to kill them with all their combined fire, shocking both my ally and myself. Harlequins moved up, and tried to fire on my Landraider from a building above it, finally revealing themselves. However, they failed to even glance it, and had been exposed at last. Their HQ had moved up as well, and without the Pirahanas cover was finally an easy target. It threw a singing spear at the Landraider an defiance, but even that managed to fail to my amusement.

Kroot assualted Squad Naus, who fought back as hard as they could, horrendously outnumbered by the savage creatures. Naus himself cut down 3, his Brothers worked in cutting a few more down. But the wave of attacks killed the Grey Knights, mobbing them down, all save the Justicar who managed to pass each and every other attack. The Kroot had lost morally, but they passed the check and stood ready to finish off the surrounded Justicar come next assault phase.

Turn IV
Space Marines
It was time at last, as Sternguard veterans deep striked right next to the stealth suits in an ironic fashion, assault troopers dropping behind the Firewarriors that had been behind the Kroot. I had a plan, a most devious one and the reason why I had let my Grandmaster and his retinue hang out within the Landraider. I moved squad Veo up a bit more, to cleanse the Kroot that Naus was holding steady. Squad Lucero's psycannons barked as they fired the Harlequins, but viel of tears ruined this for them, and I was out of sight *Oh how I wish shrouding was 1/3rd as good as viel...*. Tigierus cast null zone; not allowing the Eldar their invuln saves. With that in place, my Landraider fired its Lascannons at Eldrad, exterminating him for good. My Grandmaster had previoulsy Disembarked out of the Land Raider, hopping onto the roof of the ruined building that the Harlequins were standing. I couldn't help but let a smirk come off my face; I hated Harelquins and Incinerators hated them as well. It only took one Incinerator to murder the entire, full squad. I didn't even have to assault. With Eldrad and the squad of Harlequins on my side dead, my Dreadnought fired its twin linked lascannons at the last warp spider; but even twin linked I had rolled double 1's. He assaulted, slicing the warping fiend with his close combat blade and ending its life. Sternguad fired down the Stealth suits, flamers killing them all and thus feeding us another kill point.

The Assault marines attacked a squad of firewarriors, and thanks to being on the charged killed them all in a single round of combat. Naus fought for his life, vanquishing another 2 Kroot, but he was finally overwhelmed by them and died standing. The remaining Kroot consolidated, trying to hide behind the bunker that the Space marines had been fighting so hard to secure.Telion unloaded on the Tau HQ suit, inflicting a single wound on it, ending turn IV.

Turn V
Xenos
The game was an overwhelming loss on the Xeno's side, and they were clearly frustrated at this point. Not much else could be done; the Kroot hid themselves as best they could from squad Veo who were intent on vengeance for their brothers. The Tau HQ fired on the building once again, but failed to finish Telion off. Rangers tried one last time to end Telions life; and with a single shot finally succeeded, the grizzled old Veteran dying only to another sniper. The last Wraithlord ended up shooting and assaulting the Assault marines, accomplishing little and merely tying them up. Firewarriors tried to fire on my Grey Knights, but failed thanks to shrouding. Their turn ended, and they intended to give up. But we wanted our last turn as well.

Turn V
Space Marines
Grey Knights Squad Veo moved up, and using their stormbolters and now line of sight shot down the retreating Kroot to the last creature. Grey Knight Squad Lucero unloaded Psycannon shots into the Rangers, but being in cover their 2 + saves protected them. My Grandmaster walked back into his LR, only being used once in the game. The Rhino fixed itself on the last turn, and Sternguard loaded up in their rhino, the vehicles moving out and the GKD following. The Assault marines continued their fight, the Sargent with a powerfist inflicting a single wound on the Wraithlord, the Wraithlord killing a single marine. The turn ended, and our Xeno rivals surrendered.

GAME END

Whew! That was difficult to recall, and I am certain I missed some details, but there it is. It was a really fun game; I haven't enjoyed such a great win against such tough rivals in a long time. Absolute victory's rather hard to come by, but that was certainly a game for the Emperor himself. For anyone who was able to skim through this, you deserve a medal for your dedication! Thank you to all of my Brothers who were able to enjoy this lengthy report, and please feel free to comment and give critique!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!! Empty Re: Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!!

Post by Corennus Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 am

Nice Bat rep.

Just one slight niggle.

How is your second dreadnought taking a t-l lascannon AND an assault cannon???
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!! Empty Re: Grey Knights 2vs2 6000 points annihilation!!!

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:56 am

good batrep i enjoyed it . What was the score at the final ??
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 am

Can I assume tha you are talking about Varro Tigurius,when you mention Tigerious? Very Happy Anyway nice report,thanks for sharing.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:37 pm

xD Hahah! This was quite some time ago; two years in fact! I can't recall the exact score...though I am pretty certain it was a victory for the Emprah Wink

Heh, back then I must have foolishly thought we could have the best of both worlds; assault cannon and Lascannon! Oh what a world Razz

Razz Yep, it was Varro Tigurius! Back then I didn't know half as much as I do now.

Thanks everyone, glad that they can enjoy an oldie Very Happy
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks for that tell of a glorious victory!

I'm sure Brother Justicar Naus will lay in a peacefull crypt of Titan!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum